Finding Out The Gender

A/N: This takes place on August 6th, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

21 weeks, 5 days

The few days in Prague were very similar to your first week in Berlin. The city was beautiful and you took the time to explore the architecture and landmarks while Tom was off filming. You were accompanied everywhere by David, your personal security.  Ever since the issue at the airport, Tom paid a service to provide you with security when you were outside the hotel.

It was the last day of your short lived Prague adventure and you had scheduled your last doctor's appointment with an associate of one of the producers who was from the city. Switching doctors on the fly was getting to be pretty difficult, but you kept in touch with Dr. Wyatt back in London and always had your paperwork faxed over to him after each appointment.

Tom was never able to come to your appointments while you were on location because he was scheduled to work every day in each city, but Jon, being the director, made it so Tom had a two hour break in between scenes today only so he could go with you and finally find out the gender of the baby. You had been itching to ask your doctor for nearly four weeks and the suspense was killing you.

You walked along Charles Bridge, your hand intertwined with Tom's as David followed a few paces behind. Tom was still in his Peter clothes, or in other words, a flannel and khakis, but you met him at set with just enough time to walk to your appointment which was only about a 20 minute walk away.

"What do you think it is?" Tom asked, his hand swinging your back and forth. You could tell he was excited to find out if he would be having a son or a daughter.

"I'm really not sure," you respond, pondering the thought of either gender, "what about you David?" you yell back, making Tom laugh as he looked back at David's obviously uncomfortable face.

"Um. I'm not sure mam," he said, replacing his sunglasses over his eyes so he could better scan the environment.

When you made it to the other side of the bridge, there was a group of fans waiting for Tom. Before you knew what was happening, there was about thirty people surrounding you both and David was situated between you and them.

Tom gestured to David that it was okay, and not to get to rough with the fans.

"H-hi, can we please have a picture?" one of the fans asked politely. She couldn't have been more that fifteen or sixteen years old. You weren't going to tell Tom he couldn't interact with his fans. You knew how much they meant to him, so when Tom looked back at you, you just smiled at him. You were shocked when he turned back to the girl.

"I'm sorry guys, but I can't take any pictures right now. My girlfriend has a doctor's appointment," he said, loud enough for the group to hear. Among all the "awws" in disappointment, Tom moved back to you and took your hand, waving at the group and promising that he'd hang out after the appointment if he had time.

The city was gorgeous as you both walked through some shopping streets, following your GPS on your cell phone until you came to a historical street.

The office was located in a gorgeous old building that was almost intimidating to go into, but the inside looked like a normal doctor's office. The waiting room wasn't crowded, only two other women on the other side of it.

You led Tom over to a set of chairs on the other side of the room, opposite a television that was playing an old black and white movie in Czech.

You checked in at the desk, with David, since he spoke the language. Once you had signed all the paperwork, you walked back to Tom, who was watching you strut across the room towards him with a goofy grin on his face. You could see all of his teeth since his smile was so wide.

"What?" you asked, a chuckle hidden beneath your words as you took the seat next to him.

"Nothing, you're just the prettiest woman I've ever seen, no big deal," he smirked, his brown eyes squinting with his cheeks. Your cheeks got warm as you took his hand in yours and leaned in slightly.

You placed a soft kiss on his lips before pulling out your phone and sending a group message to Tom's family and yours, telling them that you were about to go in for your 22 week appointment.

David sat a few seats down, looking at a magazine since he'd be waiting for you the entire time in the waiting room.

After a few minutes, the nurse called out back, your name spilling from her lips with a serious accent.

"You're hear for a check up and ultrasound?" she asked, her accent still thick. You nodded yes, following her into a room with a scale and a chair for taking blood. Tom stood by the door as she took your weight, a blood sample, and measured your belly and every so often, you caught him smiling at you like he was doing in the waiting room which made your cheeks heat up. 

Once the nurse got all of your vitals, she led you both into an examination room where there was a table, two chairs, and the ultrasound machine already set up. She motioned for you both to enter the room before her.

"Please have a seat on the table, the doctor will be in soon," she smiled, closing the door as she retreated back to her nurse's station.

You pulled yourself onto the table, hearing the paper crunch beneath your body as you backed up onto it.

Tom stepped forward once you were comfortable and nudged your legs apart, so he could fit himself between them. You grinned and put your arms around his neck as his hands came to rest on your hips.

"I love you," his voice was a whisper as he took you in, looking between your lips and your eyes before leaning in and kissing your lips. When he pulled away, he fell back onto the chair next to the table, leaving you with a pout since you hadn't been alone all day except for early this morning when you were half asleep.

Before you could protest, there was a knock at the door, and a short woman with dark brown hair entered the room.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Loutacka," she started, reaching out to shake your hand and then Tom's. "So I read that you're about 22 weeks, yes?" she asked, opening your file that was in her other hand.

"Yes, and we are actually hoping to be able to see the gender of the baby today," Tom started, barely giving her time to sit down on her stool. You smiled and reached out your hand for Tom to take, hoping that it would calm him down a bit. He took it and wrapped his fingers around yours as the doctor continued to flip through some pages.

"Okay, well all of your vitals seem good, so lets get to the ultrasound and we will measure the baby and hopefully we can determine sex," she said, setting the file down on the counter and pulling the ultrasound cart closer. "If you would, Miss Y/L/N, please lay back and pull up your shirt," she continued, pulling a tube of blue gel from the underside of the cart.

You did as you were told, laying back and hearing the paper crinkle under your body before pulling up your blouse so it rested just above the base of your bra. Dr. Loutacka handed you a couple paper cloths to keep the gel from getting on your pants and you put it in place as she turned on the machine and switched off the overhead light, leaving only the light of a standing lamp.

"This will be a little cold," she commented, before squirting a quarter-sized portion onto your skin and placing the probe into the goo. The screen lit up when it made contact, the first thing coming through the speaker was the baby's heartbeat.

Tom squeezed your hand when the sound graced his ears and you glanced at each other lovingly before turning your focus back to the monitor to see your little one.

"So here we have the head," the doctor said, moving the probe just a tad so you could get a face profile of your baby. You saw its little nose and a little fist that was resting next to your baby's ear.  The doctor used the mouse to measure the baby's head circumference. "It's a good size for how far along you are," she commented before snapping a few pictured and moving on to the rest of the body. "So here we have a leg," she said, pointing to the screen so you and Tom could see. "And the other leg,"

Tom was tapping his leg like he does when he's nervous because in the next few seconds, they will know their baby's gender.

"And I am not seeing any signs of a penis," the doctor stated, moving around a little more to make sure. "and I am almost certain that it's a baby girl."