Shopping for the Baby

A/N: This takes place on September 27th, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy.

29 weeks, 1 day

Filming had finished a week ago and you never thought you'd miss home this much. Your apartment welcomed you with a familiar smell and you actually cried the second you pushed the door open. Granted, you attributed the tears to hormones when Tom asked, but you really weren't sure if it was that or you just missed home that much.

Tom was off work now until Chaos Walking re-shoots in late November and you both agreed to switch gears and start getting the apartment ready for the baby who would be here before you knew it. This last week was spent cleaning out the second bedroom and giving Harrison back all of his stuff he'd left in boxes on the floor.

Tom had already finished painting the walls a light gray color to match the peach and gray theme you had in your mind for your little girl's bedroom. He just started the accent wall last night while you stood in the doorway and watched him put up a floral wall paper Nikki had picked out.

He had his Canada baseball cap on backwards and a pair of old jeans hung from his hips, exposing the top of his blue Calvin Klein boxers.

You watched his back muscles contract in his his paint-stained white shirt as he moved across the wall, pushing the material down evenly.

"Babe, you really shouldn't be in here," Tom scolded, looking back at you before moving to the floor to trim the excess wallpaper from the bottom.

"The paint dried over three days ago, I think I'm good," you chuckled, "not to mention, the view is pretty good from where I'm standing."

Tom looked back, sending you a playful wink before turning back to the job he had in front of him.

The next morning was extremely dreary in London, but you and Tom had already planned on going out to the shops to pick out furniture and decor for the nursery so that it could be ordered and delivered before you delivered.

You decided to have a look around Bentalls Centre since they have a variety of shops there and you wouldn't have to drive all over London to find something you liked.

You and Tom walked hand-in-hand through the shop-lined building and you narrowed in on a window display where a white rocking chair sat with a pink teddy bear on it.

You silently looked at Tom, almost asking permission to go into the shop.

"Anything you want," Tom smiled, leading you towards the open doors.

You walked into the shop, called Motherhood, and your eyes immediately were pulled to the displays that lined the entire left side of the store.

"Oh, I love this one," you gasped, seeing a white crib with thick bars and a shelf built into the side. You ran your hands across the smoothed wood and you could imagine it sitting against the accent wall of the nursery already.

You went through the store, picking out things you liked and asking Tom his thoughts, which were always "that looks great, darling".

After over an hour in the store, you had the product number for over thirty items in your hand and you were ready to talk to the store clerk about ordering them and having them delivered to the apartment.

"Hello! What can I do for you both?" A skinny, brunette woman asked from behind the counter. You saw the way she looked Tom up and down, and you weren't sure if it was the hormones or just plain jealousy that made you want to hop across that counter, baby bump and all, and kick her ass.

"Hi, we'd like to order these items for a delivery," Tom smiled, handing the paper from your hand to hers while you were imagining strangling her.

"Perfect! I'll just have you fill out this order form with your information, and I will go ahead and start entering these items into our computer!" the woman said enthusiastically, and you swore she touched Tom's hand while handing him the form.

Tom took the paper from her and you both took a seat on the other side of a table while he began to fill it out.

You took a deep breath and sat down beside him after he pulled the chair out for you.

"Anything else you want to look at, darling?" Tom asked while he was writing out the address of the apartment. You weren't really paying attention to his question. Your eyes were trained on her, watching her type everything into the computer and take not-so-subtle glances at Tom every few seconds.

Tom looked up at you when you didn't respond and nudged you a bit.

"Did you want to look at anything else, baby?"

"No, I think we got everything we won't be getting at the baby shower," you replied , forcing a smile onto your face and leaning over and resting your head on his shoulder. He smiled back and kissed your forehead, hopefully sending the woman a big "fuck you" so she'd stop checking him out.

"All done?" The woman asked, taking the form from the table top after Tom slid it over to her. Her face was a little more irritated now, but that only put a sly smile on yours.

"Yes," Tom smiled back, oblivious to what was going on.

Your sly smile faded as she leaned over the counter, obviously pushing her breasts up as she continued only talking to Tom and pretending like you weren't there.

"Okay then! The total for your purchase is £1,379.81."

Tom whipped out his credit card from his wallet and handed it to the woman, not even looking up at her exposed chest. She swiped the card, and handed it back again before sliding over the receipt for him to sign, her hand lingering on the paper as he picked up the pen.

"Okay, your expected date of delivery is the 11th of October, which I have written right here on your copy." she continued, pointing to the handwritten note on the corner of the sheet.

Tom took the form and was about thank her when you stepped in.

"Perfect, thank you." You said shortly, grabbing the sheet from Tom and taking his hand to lead him out of the store. You were basically pulling him as far from that woman as you could get in the next five minutes.

"Woah, babe, Slow down," Tom gasped, struggling to keep up with you as you re-entered the busy mall.

"Who does that bitch think she is?" you laugh, shaking your head to yourself.

"What are you talking about?" Tom was super confused and a bit worried at how mad you looked.

"That woman was hitting on you, Tom!" You retorted, feeling tears welling up in your eyes. "Fucking hormones," you added, wiping a stray tear from the corner of your nose.

Tom was ridiculously confused, but he decided that it was better to try and make you feel better instead of starting an argument.

"Do you want me to call the shop and cancel the order? We can get the stuff from another store," he asked sweetly, already pulling out his phone to dial, but you stopped him.

"No, I really love what we picked out," you sniffed, trying to pull yourself together in the public setting. "But that bitch can burn in hell."

Tom laughed loudly, reaching an arm over your shoulder and pulling you into his side.

"I love you, and your fucking hormones."