Maternity Clothes

A/N: This takes place on July 2nd, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with how far along Y/N is in the pregnancy  

16 weeks, 6 days

All the books said that your baby was now the size of a pomegranate, but by the look of your stomach, you thought the little squirt was the size of a volleyball. Your wardrobe was cut down to two pairs of yoga pants and three oversized t-shirts and you knew it was time to delve into the world of maternity shopping. You had avoided the subject for nearly a month now because nothing is more frustrating than walking into a store and having zero idea what you were looking for.

Luckily, you were back home in London as Tom was now filming an hour north in Hertfordshire. The fact that you were now back home in your apartment was a breath of fresh air. You loved Tom more than life, but being in a one room apartment with him for five weeks was a true test of your patience. It was like you were living on top of each other. Now that you were home, you had all your friends, Tom's family, and just an all around sense of comfortability that you didn't have in Germany.

Another great part about being home was having Nikki and Dom so close. This was their first grandchild and they were both so invested in how you were progressing with the pregnancy. Nikki stopped by the apartment almost daily to talk about all things 'mom' which is why today, she had offered to take you maternity shopping.

Nikki knew every shop that had cute and comfortable maternity clothes, steering you away from certain unflattering patterns and materials that would irritate your stretching skin. Oddly enough, not many of your parenting books went into detail about what to wear when you were the size of a watermelon.

You were walking through the Bentall Centre, carrying three bags that held several outfits for your little one, but you had yet to find any maternity clothes that called out to you. Everything looked bland and extremely form fitting which was a turn off since you were larger than you normally were and showing it off wasn't part of your plans until you announced everything to the public in the coming weeks.

"When I was pregnant with Paddy, I wore nothing but dresses since I was pregnant all summer. They are extremely comfortable and trust me, you'll be very warm towards the end of the third trimester," Nikki informed you as you walked waddled side by side.

"Oh god, dresses?" you scrunched up your nose, not being super fond of them in the past. Nikki laughed, placing a hand on your back as she steered off into yet another maternity store. This one was called Mothercare and you were actually pleasantly surprised by there display in the window. The clothes didn't look much different than your normal wardrobe, other than the large bump in the mid section.

"Oh dear, this is darling!" Nikki gasped as she pointed to a pink and grey blouse that hung on a manican in the window. She wasn't wrong, it was really cute. It would go amazing with some light wash maternity jeans. You flipped through several hangers until you found a size that seemed appropriate, but you got one that was a little bigger just so you could wear it longer. Nikki peeled off from you, heading straight for the jeans section of the store. Once you had your shirt picked out, she had already found four different colored jeans for you to try on with it.

"I think black jeans would go rather well with that," she smiled, holding out the pair she had picked out. You held the blouse over the pants and the outfit was definitely cute.

"I'm going to go try it," you whispered excitedly, taking the pants from Nikki and heading off to the fitting rooms while she shopped around more.

You were surprised to find how much easier it was to put on that the yoga pants and shirts you'd been wearing. They were meant to accommodate your growing middle and you loved it. Once the outfit was on, you smiled into the mirror, turning to the side to show off your baby bump in all its glory. You poked your head out of the curtain and ushered Nikki over, letting her into the fitting room with you.