FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; CARTER MEETS FARKLE PRT

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; CARTER MEETS FARKLE PRT. 1

❝ and there is no doubt that the universe is
unfolding as it should. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

IT STARTED IN history class, as it always does. It was in that class when Carter and Farkle had formally met for the first time, it was the class where Carter realized that her feelings for Farkle might have evolved since the beginning of the year, and it was in this class now that Carter had begun to question everything.

But before all that, Carter Skies had walked into the classroom that morning, and noticed the words "Genius: Mozart, Einstein, Jobs" written on the board, and she couldn't help but smile. Of course Carter knew why that was on the board, the I.Q. and Aptitude test results for each student would be coming back today.

       Farkle and Carter had studied together for it, reviewing almost everything they could possibly think of. Carter's father had been the one that had calmed her down before and after she took the tests, he had assured her that she did the best she could.

       Aspen loved his daughter no matter what, but he secretly hoped that she scored as well as he did when he was Carter's age. The parents got the results back a day before the children did, and Aspen was beyond excited to see that Carter was officially classified as a child genius.

      The man knew that Carter's mother would've been so proud of her, and Aspen couldn't wait for his little girl to jump into his car after school waving the results in his face begging for celebratory ice cream. But right now, six hours before then, Carter sat in her history class, her nerves acting up again.

       "Carter, relax, I'm sure you did great. I'm sure we both did." said Farkle, who was also feeling nervous.

       He wanted to make his parents proud, his father was a genius too, and even though Mrs. Minkus wasn't she swore she'd be proud of her son regardless.

       "I know, believe me, I know. I'm just nervous is all, my dad is really excited about all this and I don't wanna let him down." said Carter, and Farkle nodded.

       "Mine too. Isn't it funny that both our parents are geniuses and are business partners and we're best friends and after today we'll both be geniuses too?" Farkle said, and the two friends laughed about it together.

       The change of subject allowed for Carter and Farkle to release their nerves, and they let themselves joke around and talk to their friends until the bell rang.