TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT; CARTER MEETS THE MARBLE

❝ if you can't stop the waves, learn to surf. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

"SO WE'RE JUST NOT gonna talk about it, then? That's the plan?" said Carter.

"At least some of us can stick to normalcy." Her boyfriend retorted, evident venom in his words.

The rest of winter break had been anxiously uneventful since New Year's Eve. The last thing he wanted was to start the new year off with someone else insisting their feelings for his girlfriend should matter. It had taken all of Farkle's willpower to be able to walk down from that roof without a fight. If Carter hadn't been there, that night would've ended up completely different.

"Should I say something?" Carter asked, looking up at him with the big doe eyes he loved so much.

Farkle, despite his pessimistic thoughts, smiled down at her. "Lets play it by them this time and see how far they get without us."

Carter nodded in agreement and held his hand tighter as they continued their walk to their next period. She doubted this time would be any different than the others, but it wasn't like they had given her much a choice in the matter anyways.

Especially Smackle, who practically jumped down the stairs from the roof to get away from everyone after dropping the bombshell that was Lucas Friar.

God. Lucas Friar.

Carter rolled her eyes at the thought of the name. What else could she do about him? He wasn't her type. Get over it.

The couple felt their mood rise as they neared the science wing of the school. Despite their differences in math and reading, they both worked in almost perfect harmony in the two subjects that almost always combined both words and numbers. History and science.

Normalcy. Let's get back to that.

"I hate this class," Maya groaned from inside the classroom.

"Do you even know what it is?" Riley asked with a snort.

"I'm gonna need a clue," The blonde sighed, raising a measuring cup.

On point, Carter and Farkle danced their way into class humming out of sync tunes, and made their way to the front desks.

"Science." Riley and Maya stated.