TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR; CARTER MEETS THE FORGIVENESS PROJECT

❝ hands held higher, we'll be on fire. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

"ALL THROUGH HISTORY," Mr. Matthews said. "countries go to war. That's what we normally study in here. But today, we're going to talk about peace and forgiveness and how we get there."

Carter tilted her head, and smiled at her favorite teacher. Ever since that night at Topanga's with Riley, Farkle and Carter have tried to get over Riley's impulsive decisions in Texas, and so far it was working.

"See? Every once in a while I come up with a good idea." Mr. Matthews finished with an accomplished and goofy smile.

"What could it possibly be that I haven't already thought of?" Farkle said arrogantly, and Carter smacked the back of his head lightly with her hand.

"Ouch!" Farkle said. Carter just smirked at him and shook her head.

"Farkle, I forgive you." Mr. Matthews said.

His eyebrows furrowed. "What did I do?"

Zay sighed. "I forgive you too."

"What did I do?!" Farkle asked again with more urgency.

"Oh, you know what you do." Carter said, her voice dripping in sarcasm and humor.

"I feel better now that I've forgiven you." Mr. Matthews said. "How do you feel?"

Farkle looked around the class, eyes wild in confusion. "I'm sorry for every time I've hurt you! But what did I do?!"

Carter couldn't help herself and giggled, and Farkle turned to face her accusingly. She shrugged, and made a goofy face feigning innocence. "Tell you later?"

Mr. Matthews continued. "Ladies and gentlemen, today we're going to begin the forgiveness project. Our history isn't just about what we've done. How we grow comes from the repair of what we've done and how we forgive what was done to us."

Riley thought for a moment. "Hmm, okay, we're in. What do we do?"

Mr. Matthews smiled. "Everyone take out a piece of paper."

Carter rolled her eyes playfully as all her friends looked at her longingly, before she threw her hands up in surrender and passed them all a piece of lined notebook paper.