SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN CARTER MEETS FARKLE PRT

CHAPTER SIXTEEN CARTER MEETS FARKLE PRT. 2

❝ if you enjoy living, it is not difficult to keep the sense of wonder. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

       AFTER SMACKLE HAD given them fancy little packets on Einstein Academy that night in Topanga's, Carter had run home and sat with her father on the balcony to talk about it. Of course, they had ended up talking about it until about midnight, but Carter was still filled with thoughts about the whole ordeal.

      The next morning didn't come as easily as usual, and Farkle could sense her worry and jumbled thoughts from a mile away. He'd called her that morning on his way to her building, her favorite double chocolate milkshake from a nearby diner in his hand.  

      "What are we supposed to do, Farkle?" She asked as they stepped out onto the busy street.

       "We don't have to worry about all of this just yet, Angel. Smackle will tell us everything we need to know and then we'll make our decision together, okay?" says Farkle.

       Carter exhales and finally begins to calm down as they reach the middle school, and Farkle carries her book bag all the way to history class.

        She's excited to see that all of the genius's names are still on the board, and all it takes is one mischievous look from Farkle to get her to grab a piece of chalk and scribble "Carter Skies and Farkle Minkus" right underneath the rest of the names.

        "Farkle, Carter," Mr. Matthews starts, placing his palms on his desk. "What are ya?"

       Farkle smiles. "Geniuses. We're on the board." Carter smiles and points at their names, writing in her infamous cursive.

       "Wrong." Mr. Matthews says, and Carter's jaw drops.

        "Riley, what are ya?" The teacher continues, and Carter listens intently to what everyone is saying, desperate to actually know what's going on.

        "Bunny Farmer!" Riley exclaims with a grin.

        "Wrong!"

       "Then don't go into my room." Riley says lowly, and Carter can't help but giggle at the idea of Riley hoarding bunnies in her house.

      Farkle softly smiles to himself at the sound of Angel's giggles, and he can already feel his heart start to swell. He just wants her to be happy, and if everything that Einstein Academy offers them keeps that smile on her face, then Einstein Academy is where they were gonna go.