SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; CARTER MEETS RILEYTOWN

❝ i hope that you find a way to be yourself some day. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

     IT WAS ON that day that the thing she had been dreading the most, happened. A figure of her past, her contorted and lonely past, had made an appearance once more. Someone that had picked Carter Skies up from a radar and locked her as a target.

     A bully. It's always a bully.

     But now she was here once again, from a different approach. You see, Carter had no one to back her up, no witnesses, and no consequences. There had been no real need to shield herself from some outcast.

     Riley Matthews was different. She had a real group of friends. A family. There was no real need to show herself to some faker. A simple dislike on a post would've sent her spiraling, but a simple dislike on a post was not what was going to occur.

     So, it happened. Carter Skies sat with a pale face in Mr. Matthew's classroom, watching her friend with concern. The genius in front of her sensed her worried mood and turned around to her.

     "Angel? What's going on?" Farkle asked, lowering his voice as to not startle her.

     Carter sighed, and stared at the words on the board. Conflict Resolution: Hamilton vs. Burr.

     "You'll find out soon enough." Not even her subconscious theatre nerd belching lyrics to that darn musical could lighten this mood.

     Mr. Matthews started to speak. "In what ways do human beings resolve conflict?"

     "Bring in the mamma!" Zay said.

     "They talk to out." Farkle added. His voice is soothing.

     "They go to war." Lucas finished, and Farkle turned his head at him.

     "They talk it out!"

     "They go to war."

     "Okay you and me against Farkle." Zay said, and shook Lucas's hand.

     Carter glared at them. "Don't even try it."

     Farkle ignored the tension. "They talk it out!"

     This time, Carter, Lucas, and Zay spoke. "They go to war!"