TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY; CARTER MEETS TEXAS PRT

CHAPTER TWENTY; CARTER MEETS TEXAS PRT. 2

❝ eventually, everything connects. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

THE WORST WAS yet to come. Today the gang would have to watch Lucas on that bull, and Carter's nerves were off the charts. She had done her best up until now to play them off as to not worry her friend, Lucas had enough to deal with right now. Part of her was angry at the two girls. How could they really be this clueless?

Up until they had all walked into that refreshment tent, Carter had held her piece and Farkle had her left hand in a light but sturdy grip. The brunette was pale enough from worry, and the constant replays of previous years of dangerous bull riding on the screens all around her didn't help.

"Are you out of your mind?" Maya exclaimed harshly.

"Lucas you're serious right? You can seriously do this?" Riley added on. Carter raised an eyebrow and felt her own gaze harden on them.

"Well if someone hadn't signed him up for this we wouldn't be having this conversation." She muttered angrily.

Lucas gave the brunette an unreadable look as he stared at Carter's face. She's scared for me, my gosh she's scared.

Swallowing his inner turmoil, he gave a brave face. With his heart pounding, he opened his arms to the girl glaring at the ground.

"Cart, c'mon don't do this to me, I'm gonna be fine I promise." The boy said, and to everyone's surprise Carter let go of Farkle's hand and almost tackled the Texan boy in a hard hug.

The pair had never really been public about their bond before, and everyone else had falsely assumed that they hadn't really been close. However, they often did see each other at the movies, and usually made it a habit to go to see the newest ones together.

Riley and Farkle furrowed their brows in confusion, and Farkle let his now empty hand fall down to his side. Breaking the newest display of affection, Maya stepped forward.

"Lucas, if you do this, I will never speak to you again." The blonde declared in a grim tone.

Unlike Riley and the rest of the gang who remained silent, Carter was not having this.

"Oh you're kidding me, right?" She sneered, pulling away from Lucas.

Maya didn't make eye contact with Carter, and instead focused on Lucas's grandfather and Riley. Farkle took the opportunity to slowly reach out to Carter for her hand again, this time she didn't let go.