TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE; CARTER MEETS THE NEW YEAR PRT 1

❝ to the moon and back, remember? ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

THE WEEKS HAD flown by them all, but that didn't mean the previous events in Texas were anything less significant. Riley and Maya found themselves faced with a choice; Lucas's crossroads had morphed another road less traveled, Zay was still torn over Vanessa, and Farkle was still kind of bitter that everyone else seemed to love his girlfriend almost as much as he did. Especially since Carter furiously denied it all, but that became another reason to re-evaluate just how perfect she was to him.

Carter couldn't help but love it.

They'd spent the majority of the winter break together and with their respective parents, but a good part of the time with both the Skies and Minkus clans together. Which was a very well respected scenario, considering their parents only settled for the absolute best spots in New York for Farkle to treat Carter on any date they went on, including their anniversary. Which had been a dream.

The day had been nice, breezy and cool, as they were dropped off at an aesthetically pleasing cafe with Farkle's disposable camera in one pocket and his dad's credit card in the other.

He'd never forgot how he marveled over how her hair smelled like strawberries, and her vanilla bean chapstick lingered on his lips.

In that moment, the words i love you had been on the tip of his tongue, where they continued to be from that moment on.

In this moment, however, Farkle and Carter had been making out for at least twenty minutes now, and her lips were starting to get numb.

Today was a cold one, but the snow had finally let up, and the two of them had spent the entire day nuzzled up to each other watching anything that grabbed their attention on the television. Which was pretty much just Christmas movies. Constantly. On repeat. So much so they had an hour long discussion on becoming film makers and creating any other form of non-cliché Christmas movie.

That was their current reality. Not that he was complaining.

"We've been doing this a whole lot more since Texas, don't you think?" Carter asked him, brushing a strand of her boyfriend's deep brown hair out of his face.

Farkle tilted his head with concern, suddenly feeling nervous. "Is that okay?"

Carter smiled softly at him. "Of course it's okay, I was just wondering if it had anything to do with . . . Lucas."