TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN; CARTER MEETS THE NEW YEAR PRT

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN; CARTER MEETS THE NEW YEAR PRT. 3

❝ and what a plot twist you were. ❞

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

"YOU'RE BOTH REALLY GONNA MAKE me wear this over my dress, aren't you?" Carter groaned as she stood outside the Matthew's apartment with her father and her boyfriend.

"Yes," they said together. She couldn't help but laugh. Carter insisted on her father coming with her and Farkle to the party on New Years, and there was no way she was taking no for an answer.

What she hadn't had in mind was the most important boys in her life wanting her to wear a "I'm with that genius" sweater over her party dress.

"Fine!" Carter groaned, as Farkle tugged the red fabric over her head as Riley answered the door.

Aspen Skies was delighted. Not only that his daughter's boyfriend was good for her, but that they both had thought of him and his wellbeing so much they insisted on bringing him along to their middle school affairs.

"Hey guys," Riley said with a smile. "Nice sweaters! Glad you could make it Mr. Skies!"

Corey and Topanga turned towards the door at the sound of new guests. "Aspen! Great to see you!"

Aspen smiled at the pair, and looked down at his daughter, almost as if asking if it was okay to leave her. Carter nodded at him with a grin, and squeezed the hand that held hers as she watched her dad give her teacher a hug.

"He's gonna be just fine," Farkle reassured her in a soft tone. "We just have to try and keep up with him."

His words made Carter smile wide and laugh as she pulled him into the room. "We sure do."

They had only been there for a few minutes before Charlie decided to intervene.

"It's the couple's game," Carter heard him ask Riley. "Wanna play?"

Lucas's head swiveled from across the room as he practically appeared in front of them. "What is it?"

"It shows if you would be a good couple or not," Charlie explained. "Wanna play?"

"No!" Riley, Maya, Lucas and Carter exclaimed.

"What's wrong, Lucas? Scared?" Charlie taunted.

"No, I'm not scared of anything, let's go," Lucas rambled.

Carter rolled her eyes as she watched the boys get closer to each other and puff out their chests.