Chapter 14: Passcode

Dacky: I thought I heard the door opening. Oh well, it's probably nothing. I can't wait to fall asleep, as weird as it sounds. I can't remember when they started, but I've been having dreams. Of my parents, most of the times it's just them talking to me. I think it's when I was taken away. I'm sitting on the floor, looking up at them while they're fighting people. It's noisy, and people are crying, but I can hear them very clearly. But tonight it's different. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off.
I'm standing in a hospital room. It's empty. I hear shouting and the doors are thrown open and several doctors are rushing into the room, pushing a woman on a gurney. It's Mom! They get her in and start hooking her up to machines. What's happening? I hear her crying and shouting. Then I saw it. Her stomach. This is when I was born. "Ok Mrs. Nelson, we're going to need you to push." Said a doctor. Even while giving birth, Courtney managed to argue. "I don't know who, aaa! You think, erg, you think you are. But I am not doing, uugh, this without D-duncan!" She said, glaring fiercely at the flustered medics. "Mam, if we don't deliver the baby soon, it might not make it." Said the doctor. Courtney looked at the door, waiting for her husband to come. But the door didn't open. "Fine." She said. Before she could even try, Duncan burst through the doors. "Where is she?!" He yelled, scanning the room with frantic eyes. Courtney smiled, but quickly grimaced when another contraction came.  Duncan sprinted to her side, a few minutes later, all that was heard was the beeping of the machines. And then the cry of a baby. The whole room let out a sigh of relief, as I was handed to my parents. I'm damn cute. My parents discussed what to name me, until they decided. "Dacky Barlow Evans. Born 92102." Wait, that's 5 numbers.
"I know what the passcode is!" I shouted out loud, jumping out of my queen size bed. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the pda. 92102. I waited in a moment of complete suspense, until I heard a click, and watched the screen light up. Yes! But the best part, is what came up on the screen. "Guys! Wake up!"

Fine Printजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें