Chapter 15

"Ugh... My luck isn't good as always..."

I lay down on my bed as tiredness had taken over me. Its been a hectic day as i arrived at the holy kingdom. The people seem nice and the place seems peaceful... But.

"Uhh... Is something the-"

"C-can i hold your hand?!"

"...."

The people here seem a bit devoted to their goddess and since i resemble their goddess, they taken the fact that i'm her reincarnation or something which is highly unlikely.

It shouldn't be like this as people would hate me becase i look like their goddess but...

"Um... Thanks for saving me from the thief and curing my disease even though no one would help me. I-i'm seriously devoted to the goddess!"

"Well, we talked about this but i'm not the goddess-"

"N-no! There's no one out there that as compassionate as you! You must be the reincarnated goddess that people have place their beliefs in and would one day take us to paradise!"

"Uhh...."

C-crap... This girl's too devoted...

I've seen some people who are as annoying to deal with as those loan sharks i've once escaped from. I need a suitable reason.

"Well, i'm sorry."

"Eh?"

So i decided to bow down to her as i kneeled down to the floor. The girl let out a surpised expression as she tried to lift me up but i continue to bow towards her.

"I'm just an adventurer thats traveling with my companions. I may look like the goddess of this city but i'm just your average adventurer whose quest is to visit all the lands. Also, i'm a guy."

"Wait, a guy?!"

Out of all the words i said to her, the one she was shocked most about was my gender. Well, i'm kinda used to get misunderstood but i still felt hurt. But if my gender can shake this girl's resolve, it might be worth it.

"So, i'm sorry..."

"........."

"I know it is too shocking but i hope you can understand..."

"........."

I don't know why but the girl felt silent as it begun to creep me out. Mox then arrived with Cecilia and Leylie as they felt something that i did something wrong to the girl.

"Uhh... I can ex-"

*Shadow quickly passes by*

"....."

Suddenly my cheecks felt hurt as i touch it and felt liquid poured onto my hand... It was blood...

".... Aha..... Ahahaha...... Hahahahaha...... HAHAHhahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!"

I slowly turned around as the girl who was once a devoteful person who had respected me, suddenly changed into a girl who gave a creepy smile while pulling knives below her skirt. She started to mumble to something as we could hear them clearly...

"The goddess shall return as a beautiful boy, that shall saved the people of her land, lifting his curse of man by the use of alchemy.... You are-"

"Mox! Take Cecilia and Leylie and get the fck out of the city! I'll head to the opposite side and distract them!"

"... Eh?"

Without waiting for the girl to realised our actions, Mox grabbed both Cecilia and Leylie and jumped through a nearby window and ran off. I, on the other hand was close to the window of the room as i jump there but instead grab unto the roof and pulled myself up.