04

NEXT DAY

"Where were you?" Nancy asked worried as soon as I got to the lot.

"I took my time to get ready" I laugh and give her a quick hug.

"You missed 5th period yesterday so you're going to have to borrow my notes, we're having this big test on Friday." She replies with a worried expression.

"Nancy, calm down. It'll be okay, we'll pass the test with a ten, no worries." I smile and look around the lot, looking for Steve.

"Alright, if you say so." Nancy replies still, looks worried, that is before she sees Jonathan headed our way, she begins smiling and looks straight ahead at him.

I spot Steve talking to some guys while leaning on his car. I'm about to excuse myself from Nancy when I noticed she is gone and is now with Jonathan.

I headed towards Steve, he hadn't seen me yet, and still continued to talk.

"Hey Collins, when will I get a night with you babe?" A random guy whispers in my ear and causes me to jerk away.

"Fuck off" I reply, rolling my eyes, mood instantly ruined.

I now stood in front of Steve, "Hey pretty lady, what are you up to?" He asked pulling me close to him, which only caused me to pull back.

"Steve, she could look at any second." I say looking around, making sure Nancy wasn't looking. "But anyway, I don't remember anything from last night, we got shit faced, I don't even know how I made it back home." I laugh and playfully punch him in the shoulder.

"I know, I woke up with such a bad headache" He chuckles and pulls me close once again.

I give up and quickly lean in to connect our lips, just for a quick peck. I pull back and smile at him, "There you go, now quit nagging."

He smiles down at me, "Now, nothing could ruin my da-"

A loud engine roar makes everyone's head turn, everyone becomes quite and we all pay close attention to whoever was driving. The blue Camaro sped quickly and almost ran over a couple people before getting into a parking spot.

Everyone is still quite as ever, no one muttering a word, as we all stared at who was to come out of the car. First the passenger door opened and out came a red head, looking angry and storming off, heading over to the middle school grounds.

A gulp went down my throat when I realized who it was that was coming out of the beautiful blue car.

And out he went, with almost glowing skin that made him look like a god, a cigarette in hand, and his bad boy persona that reminded me of almost every boy here.

Except, he was different and unlike yesterday, I knew he wouldn't be the talk of the week but of the whole damn school year.

A sigh escapes my lips and almost immediately after, everyone begins talking, whispering and murmuring about the new hot guy that had a killer ass.

I hear Steve sigh, and turn to see his eyebrows furrowed, "Who the hell is he?" He asks sounding angry yet confused.

"No idea." I reply, I wasn't lying, I didn't know his name or anything about him other than the fact he had a sister.