08

Math had been alright, boring notes and pressure for an upcoming exam. Throughout every period Billy and I shared though, I could feel his gaze on me. It annoyed me so much and I would subconsciously roll my eyes and shift in my seat.

The bell rung, causing everyone to stand up and quickly leave the class, headed onto their next class, mine just happened to be lunch. I wasn't hungry so I decided to skip it and enjoy a smoke outside.

Taking out the Marlboro pack that Billy himself had bought me, I smiled at the thought. He could be an asshole but I knew there was a reason behind it, I just didn't know exactly what reason. I light up the cigarette and enjoy the calmness it bring me.

Paul hasn't been home much, which to my relief, meant it had been since Tuesday that Paul hadn't laid a hand on me. That didn't mean the bruises were healing any faster.

Someone walks besides me and stops next to me. Without having to think, I know exactly who it is, his cologne giving his identity away. "Hi Billy, how can I help you?" I ask taking a puff of my cigarette.

He laughs at my words, "I don't need anything doll face, just a smoke." With that he takes a puff of his cigarette.

I think for a second and reply, "Would you stop staring at me in class, it's getting repetitive." I say and roll my eyes.

He scoffs and follows with a chuckle, "How do you know I wasn't staring at the hot chick in front of you? Don't flatter yourself Lia."

This causes me to roll my eyes and turn to him with a smile, "Great, thanks for telling me, next time you should tell me to scoot over to get a better view." I finish off and drop the cigarette to the floor.

Without another word I walk to the two doors and make my way to the cafeteria. There was something about his stupid smile that drove me insane, I just couldn't pin point what it was.

I didn't do serious or fall for anyone, I wasn't going to fall for his stupid charms and end up being another one of his toys.

I better fucking not.

-Billy's POV-

The shit day went by fast, after the conversation with Lia, I headed back in, finding another girl that swooned over me and taking her to the nearest closet.

Her moans were the only thing I could hear, she attempted to leave hickeys on my neck but I moved away. She wasn't that hot to be leaving traces of herself on me.

Although her body was banging, I couldn't say the same for her face or the lay, it was lousy. She was breathless and attempted to talk but I quickly presses a finger to her mouth, she smiles and obediently stays quite while fixing her dress and I buckle up my belt.

She bites her bottom lip to look sexy but miserably fails, causing me to inwardly cringe, "When will I see you again?" She attempts to purr in my ear.

"You won't." I say bluntly, getting out of the closest and heading into the bathroom. Going to a mirror and making sure I don't look like utter shit.

A loud giggle is heard throughout the school hallways and quite frankly the bathroom. I hated any girls giggle, but this one sounded foreign yet familiar. I leave the bathroom making sure my hair was back to its normal place.

As I'm walking down the hallway, I light a cigarette, not caring who saw. At the corner of my eye I see a chick and a guy having a make-out session. I laugh at the poor idiot who needs to prove he does get girls, as for me, it was obvious I did.

A giggle escapes the girls lips and I can't help realize who it is, "Okay stop it" Lia giggles, "Steve...I have to study." She laughs and something inside me ticks.

My eyebrows furrow and anger spikes inside me, seeing her with Harrington only made me want her even more. As if Harrington had been purposely challenging me, that was the first thing Harrington beat me to and I didn't like it, not one bit.

He whispers something in her ear and she laughs, my anger sky rockets and I want to rip her way from him. Remembering yesterday, I look down and frown when I see that the bruises all over her thigh are gone, as if nothing was ever there.

He grabs her by the waist and pulls her into a closet, similar to the one I'd been in just a couple of minutes ago.

I'm angry and I don't know why. It didn't make sense, she was just another whore in the sea.

-Lia's POV-

"No, no, no...Steve" I drag out his name and he looks up at me with his adorable smile. "We have to go, c'mon we'll be late to class." I try to pull his arms towards me as I begin walking to the gymnasium.

He groans but follows. We finally reach the gymnasium and I turn to him with my best smile, before I can say anything he beats me to it.

"I have to go play basketball, coach says I'm getting rusty." He replies with a smile.

I sigh and look up at him with a smile, "Okay, I'll sit on the bleachers and look at a bunch of shirtless guys run around."

He laughs, "You better only be looking at me though, wouldn't want anyone of those guys stealing you away from me."

"You know you're the only guy who catches my attention, Harrington." I wink and smile up at him.

He laughs and says he has to go, I watch as he goes toward the rest of the guys. I look around and only see a couple other people headed towards the benches. I find a spot in the middle, Harrington looks around and once he sees me he flashes me a smile.

And that's when I see it, when I see him. Billy is playing on the team that is shirtless and I'd be lying if I said I didn't look down at his abs that made me gulp. Almost as if sensing me staring at him, he turns and makes eye contact with me, flashing a smile and winking.

The shirtless guys seemed to be winning over the team with the shirts, unfortunately Steve was on that team. My eyes can't help but divert to Billy every now and then, my breath hitching when I'd see him looking at me too.

There was tension in the court and everyone could feel it. From the start I knew Billy and Steve weren't the best of friends, or friends at all. Billy looked at Steve as less and Steve looked at Billy as someone who thought too highly of themselves.

At one point Steve had the ball and dribbled it on the ground, trying to pass Billy, in a blink of an eye Steve was on the ground, Billy with a smirk on his face looking as if he was helping Steve up. His lips moved as if telling something Steve and it was obvious he wasn't helping when he let go of Steve's arm and walked away with a smirk on his face.

The game continued on and once it was over the tension had expanded by a lot. I waited for Steve at the sidelines and when he saw me he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a rough peck on the lips. I look up at him confused when I notice he wasn't there, there. He held a triumph smirk as he look straight at someone. My eyebrows furrow as I turn to see who it was that Steve stared at.

My mouth almost drops when I see a shirtless Billy with his jaw ticked, shooting daggers at Steve. Steve chuckles and I watch Billy storm off.

I'm still kind of confused, "What the hell was that?" I ask with an angry tone.

"He's a piece of shit," Steve says with a laugh, "Back when we were playing, he threatened me," he laughs again, "as if I were afraid of him."

With confusion clear on my voice, I ask again, "What are you talking about?"

Steve sighs and with a towel wipes his sweat off, "He threatened me to stay away from you. Who the hell does he think he is?" Steve's jaw ticks.

"I'll catch you later yeah?" I leave quickly, not bothering with a proper bye.

What the actual fuck?

~
~