31

Remember to Comment & Vote!

Something was off. My heart swelled and the butterflies in my stomach made me feel like I was floating. It was beautiful yet terrifying at once.

There was something about the way he looked at me, making my breath hitch and nerves skyrocket. He was fine, he was happy, in this moment in time we were okay.

There was no screaming, no arguing, no one to drag us back to reality. It was us. Just us.

His piercing eyes bore into mine, as if I was a magazine, analyzing and attempting to figure me out. Yet there was a hint of what I could only describe as adoration, as if looking at someone who mattered.

A smile spread on my lips, "You gonna keep starin'?"

He blinked before he shook his head with a smirk, "I was just thinking," he admits, looking up at the ceiling.

I raise a brow, turning on my side to look at him. "About?" I ask, "Don't tell me you want another round—"

He laughs, "No. Not that, but if you're offering—"

"I'm not." I chuckle, "Don't get me wrong, it's great but I don't think I can handle it."

"Damn right," he chuckles.

We both stay silent, not in awkward silence but rather comfortable silence.

He breaks the silence first and I instantly relax. "I don't want to go back to that shitshow."

My brows furrow, "Hawkins?"

He nods but doesn't look at me, rather he keeps looking up at the ceiling. "I can't do it anymore, Lia." He clenches his jaw with a sigh. "I can't fücking keep doing it."

I swallow a gulp and my brows are still furrowed, "What do you mean—"

He scoffs to himself and my heart accelerates. "It's all bullshit," he rolls his eyes in a manner that makes my heart sink. "I mean seriously, it's all a load of bullshit, I'm tired of looking at the same people everyday, I'm tired of the same routine."

I sigh as my teeth find my bottom lip, "It's shitty, I know, but it's...home."

He shakes his head with a mocking scoff, "Home? Seriously?" He shakes his head, still avoiding my glances. "You call everyone whispering that you're a slut behind your back, home?" He chuckles, and his comment is like a back handed slap.

My guard rises suddenly and my jaw hardens, "You're being an asshole." I spit, rolling my eyes.

"No I mean, go for it. Call it home all you want but don't pretend you don't know reality." He is suddenly flared up and I all want to do now is go home.

"Why do you have to fück everything up?" I abruptly stand from the bed. "Seriously, Billy. We were good, everything was perfect and suddenly you're insulting me?"

He too stands, "All I'm saying is that they're not you're friends!" He runs a hand through his hair, "They all talk about you, for god sakes, you're a fücking trophy within the guys!"

My heart sinks and hands clench, nails digging into my skin while my eyes swell with tears. "Stop it." I manage to croak.

"I hear it every fücking day!" He yells, eyes finally burning howls into mine. "They keep the memories like souvenirs, Lia! They say you're easy."

His last remark is like a blow, as if all the air has exited my lungs and all that's left of me is tears. "Do you agree with them?" My lips trembles as I ask, my tears waiting to fall.