10

I melt into the kiss, it makes me feel numb, nothing matters anymore, not right now at least.

I break the kiss as I pant for air, angry at him for kissing me and at myself for allowing the kiss. I angrily push him off me, a scowl on my face, "What the fuck!" And before I even realize it, my hand goes flying and lands on his cheek, making him do a double take.

I'm panting at what just happened, I look him in the eyes, "Stay the hell away from me." And with that, I hurry out of the locker room, people eyeing me as I run off.

He didn't mean it, he didn't mean anything. That kiss meant nothing, I wouldn't fall for his game, the game where he pretends he wants me and then throws me out, I knew better.

I don't know where I'm going but I do know that I need liquor in my system, anywhere but here was my destination.

-
-

"And then I was like, what the hell wa-was that for?" I slur as I tell the random guy sitting next to me looking confused as ever.

"So he kisses you, you like it, but you slap him?" The old looking man questions me, tacking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah because...because, I'm not sure." I reply truthfully.

One could say I was living on cloud nine, nothing mattered because like the kiss, liquor made me feel numb and forget about everything. I liked forgetting everything.

I chug down my 7th or 9th vodka shot, enjoying the burning in my throat. I was far too drunk to be talking to an old man, but who gave a fuck when you were too drunk to realize it.

All I hoped and prayed for was that the man next to me would quit telling me his supposedly 'funny' story that didn't seem to register in my head, either he made no sense or I was far too out of my senses.

A pair of arms wrap around me and  I roll my eyes and grip his hands once again taking them off me. "Leave me the fuck alone-" my breath gets caught in my throat when I see whose arms are wrapped around me.

His cologne smelled intoxicating, as it did always, his voice sounded scruffy and slightly angry, "You're going home." His warm breath touched my ear, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get goosebumps.

Determined that I'm independent enough to decide when I go home, I give him a hard time. With a scowl I turn to face him, "How many times do I have to tell you-"

"That I'm not your dad? Yeah I got that, but you're drunk off your ass and I'm not leaving here without you." He was serious and slight anger still hung on his words, eyeing me as if he was scolding me.

I roll my eyes and shrug, "No." I simply say, raising the next glass of alcohol to my lips. Before I can down it all at once it's removed from my hand.

"I said, you're done." His jaw is ticked and I don't dare say anything else, "Don't put up a fight, we don't have time for that." With that he grabbed one of my wrist and lead me to the cashier.

When the lady told him how much it'd be, he sighed and gave me a scolding look and handed her the money. I muttered a 'thanks' and he immediately began dragging me to his car, not waiting for me to catch up. I was basically running to catch up to him as he continued his long strides.

"Get in." He looks at me looking angry but I'm far too drunk to notice and decide to push his buttons.

"No. Why are you here anyways? Who said I needed you, because I don't" I cross my arms in front of my chest and raise a brow, losing my balance and pretending to casually lean on the car.

His jaw ticks even more and his eyes shoot daggers at me, "Get in. Now."

I roll my eyes and get in, barely being able to hold myself together without stumbling or falling down.

"Jeez, you're so fucking demanding all the time. Do this, do that." I mimic him and pretend to do his deep voice, fuck, I'm way too drunk.

He scoffs and doesn't say anything, that makes me mad. I buckle my seatbelt and cross my arms, turning to look at him, even though he looked straight ahead, "I'm going to ask again, why did you come get me? I could've gone home on my-"

He scoffs, "Really?" He laughs and continues, "No, see if I hadn't been there, someone would've taken you whether you wanted to or not. Tomorrow morning you would've woken up on his bed and cried your eyes out. Now for fucks sake, stop being a bitch and stop complaining."

His words left me speechless, he wasn't wrong but I'd rather never touch a cigarette again than to admit that to him. I stay silent, not knowing what to say or if I even wanted to talk at all.

"It's your fault I was in there." I mutter to myself as I look out the window. I wasn't sure if he had heard me or not, quite frankly I didn't care either.

He scoffs, "My fault?" He laughs and continues, "Yeah, because that kiss was so fucking painful for you that you had to down a whole bottle of vodka in shots." He scoffs again and shakes his head.

"Okay, I'm sorry alright?" I say, giving up.

"Jesus, you really are clueless." He mutters and my brows furrow in confusion. "I ran after you, after your little run away show. I figured you'd go to drink everything away but when there's a bar in every goddamn corner it made it nearly impossible." He finished his rant with that.

A small smile plays on my lips, especially because he just admitted he cared. My sober self would've said something rude and unnecessary. It saddens me to think that tomorrow I wouldn't remember any of this, that Billy wasn't such an asshole.

With a smile still in my lips, I dare ask, "So, you care, y'know about, me?" I avoid his gaze and look towards the window, somewhat afraid of the answer.

He scoffs, "Don't let it get to your head." A smile is on his lips as he finishes his sentence.

I smile, "I won't. It's pretty shitty what you're doing." I say looking out the window as he drives on.

With a low chuckle he replies, "What am I doing?"

I think about how tomorrow all I'll be worried about is the pounding on my head, "This. You're being all nice and shit because you know tomorrow I won't remember anything."

He doesn't say anything back, but as always when I'm drunk, everything starts becoming heavy and my eye lids are close to shutting completely.

Minutes pass as I continue fighting sleep, we're both quiet and everything seems relaxed for awhile in my life. What the hell will I do once I got home? Mom will be angry and Paul will be pissed.

Fun, I can't fucking wait.

Before we reached my house, he pulls over, I open my eyes and turn to look at him with my brows furrowed, confused.

The corners of his lips tug with a small smile, "You won't remember this, but hell, I will."

And with that he leans in and connects our lips, 2 in one day, I couldn't complain. I immediately melt into the kiss, pulling him closer to me, I felt desperate.

But it was different, it felt different, this kiss made my heart flutter and with Steve the kisses made me give my hunger it's craving.

Somehow, I was now on top of Billy's lap, straddling him while I kissed him. What ever happened to not falling for his charms? Maybe I was an easy catch, but for now, I didn't care.

I didn't care about anyone except for Billy and me, right now nothing could go wrong.

~
~