33

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!
[Not proof-read]

The everything was blurry. The lights could cause a seizure as the blue and red lights flickered repeatedly. The music was loud and I imagined the house shook from outside.

The smell of liquor infused the whole house as well as the smell from joints everyone seemed to be enjoying. Even if you weren't smoking to get high, the second hand smoke made sure you were.

The party was a lot larger than I had pictured, as Tina made sure to invite everyone from the high school on the next town over too. After all, exam seasoned had officially ended and everyone was ready to get off their feet.

So here I was, ready to finally breathe and allow these past forty-six days of misery to come to an end.

Yes, it had been forty-six days since I last spoke to Billy. It was hard, of course it was, he was what I breathed day in and day out. But it wasn't impossible.

The party scene had always been me, but getting up and pulling ripped tights and leather jackets on was now feeling like a hassle,  it didn't feel right.

Yet I went along with it. This is who I am. At least who I was before him.

So with a red cup in hand, I throw my head back as the bitter liquid fills my mouth.

And from there, I just kept going. Drink after drink and in instant, everything was suddenly so much louder and hectic.

Bodies brushed up against mine, the beaming lights making it hard to focus on one person at a time. No one cared that tomorrow we'd all wake up with a headache or that we were sure to puke our guts out later tonight. I surely didn't.

It had been such a long time since I left like I could breathe, so taking drags out of joints felt oddly liberating.

Billy always hated when I did it. He said it would kill me faster and would take them away. It was kind of hypocritical really, since he would smoke them often.

But that didn't matter anymore. I was here and I was having fun, and that's all that I cared about right now.

Somehow I was everywhere at once, I was barely conscious of what was going on around me and much less of what I was doing.

One second I was doing shots, the next I was smoking joints with Tommy's friends and a second later, I was back to drinking and dancing.

It was no surprise that Tommy's friends gathered around me when I was out of my senses. But even though I was many drinks in, I was drunk but definitely not stupid.

It was nice to have male attention once again since people had heard rumors and gotten the memo that Billy and I weren't sneaking off to the janitors closet anymore.

So I let them watch and undress me with their eyes. And every now and then, I would flirtatiously smile or get dangerously close to them. They could look, but hell, I wouldn't let them touch.

In the midst of being spun my Jack, one of Tommy's friends, I found myself giggling as he continued to poke fun at me and my lack of dancing skills.

"Not bad for someone drunk out of their mind," he teased, raising a brow as he spun me again a second time.

I couldn't really muster words so all I did was scoff and get close to him as the song died out and slowly faded.

Now, I was suddenly hungrier than I had been the whole week. So with slurred words I mumbled something about getting food into his ear, at least I think I did.