34

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, and follow!
[Not proof-read]

The loud ringing of the bell and erupting laughs from people made my head hurt. I couldn't help roll my eyes as people continued to roam the halls despite the obnoxious ringing.

I pull my textbooks out and with a heavy sigh, shut my locker. My teeth find my bottom lip as my eyes roam over everyone and my chest can't help but sink a little.

I was alone. Quiet literally. Everyone around me seemed to have someone to talk to, there were couples swapping spit and friends gossiping about god knows what. Any other day I'd scoff and have a cruel remark to say, but today, I just couldn't.

I hadn't talked to Nancy for a few weeks, even in classes we shared, she'd be the first out the door when the bell rang. I had asked Jonathan how she had been, he explained that Nancy was studying for the upcoming exams with a private tutor and that seemed to take up all her time.

As if out of nowhere, he catches my eye. He stands around the corner, his blond curls move along with him as he laughs.

My heart sinks as I notice he's not alone. Of course he's not alone. He's never alone.

A girl, who has history class with me but I can't the name of, stands against a locker, Billy's arm on the side of her head. Her ginger hair is down, cascading down her shoulders and her lips are sainted red.

Billy says something and she laughs. I can't tell if he's using some cheesy pick up line or if he's joking around with her like he did with me.

With a hard bite to my bottom lip, I look away, you did this to yourself. I should be used to it, there wasn't a moment in these weeks that he was alone. There was always a girl he'd parade at school and never be seen with again.

Out of nowhere, a cold hand grabs me by the waist, turning me around. "What the fu—"

My eyes land on brown eyes and he smiles. "Hey."

Shít.

I force a smile on my lips, "Oh, hey," I stutter as I try to remember his name. "Uh...jack." It sounds more like a question as it leaves my lips but he doesn't seem to notice.

He smiles, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He wears a varsity jacket with letters that are clearly not from the Hawkins team.

My hold tightens on my books, as I try moving away from him without being rude. "No worries. You're not...what are you doing here? And how did you get inside?"

Jack chuckles, except it's not vicious it's just a laugh. "Tommy helped me get in without suspicion." He looks down at my eyes and I'm getting more uncomfortable by the second. "I just wanted to stop by to see how you're doing, last I saw you your head was killing you."

My cheeks fluster, "Oh, I'm fine. Nothing I couldn't handle."

I figure I should probably thank him for coming to check on me, despite it being oddly creepy.

"Thanks for coming." I smile and he only smiles too, awkwardness radiating in the air.

His brows raise as if he just realized something, "I also dropped by to invite you to a party."

My eyebrows raise, "A party?"

He nods and continues, "I heard Tina was throwing another party, I figure you're automatically invited," He nervously scratches the back of his neck, "But I wanted to see if you would go with me."