20

He looks angry, partially in disbelief but more angry than anything. He opens his mouth to say something, only to close it a second later. He tries to wrap his mind about everything that I told him, I sit there quietly, playing with the hem of my dress.

I decide to finally break the silence that felt as if it was suffocating me, "You wanted the truth didn't you? Well, there you go." I say, my eyes diverting from his.

His eyes turn soft, much like they had been as I told him everything, "Lia-" He whispers.

I cut him off before he can finish, "No, don't give me any of that bullshit." I cross my arms in front of my chest, "I don't need your pity, I don't even want it, so please, save it." I say, looking at his perfectly plump lips.

He bites his bottom lip and looks to be in deep thought.

I sigh, knowing what he was thinking, "No, you're not going to even be near him, so don't get any stupid ideas."

He frowns followed by a scowl, "That son of a bitch deserves to rot in hel-"

I sigh, "But it's not up to you to decide when he dies, it'll eventually happen some day but I don't want either of us to be involved." I state, "Hey," I whisper, turning his jaw to look at me.

His eyes soften when my eyes met his, he studies my face as I swallow a knot in my throat, I caress his cheek, "I'll be okay." I whisper.

He lightly shakes his head, "I'll make that sick bastard pay-"

I cut him off once more, "He's not worth it." I state, removing my hand from his cheek, his eyes follow my hand. My heart leaps when his rough hand grabs mine, interlocking my hand in his.

He looks up at my eyes and lightly smiles, "Promise me something," he looks me deep in my eyes, making me nervous all of a sudden.

I stammer a reply, "What is it?" All hope is lost in me whenever he's around, for him I'd go to end of the world, why? I wasn't sure but I knew that if a simple promise could make him happy, then I'd happily oblige.

His blue eyes travel to my lips, causing me to subconsciously lick my lips in nervousness, "Promise me that next time he tries to hurt you, you'll come to me."

Something so simple but yet so difficult at once, but nevertheless, I nod, "Okay." Is all I say and a smile makes its way up to his lips.

He bites his bottom while looking at me in the eyes, his next words come out as a whisper, "Can I kiss you?"

My heart flutters and I smile, suddenly forgetting the long talk about my fucked up life, "You don't need to ask, just do it." I lightly giggle, pulling him down on me.

Our lips connect and it's different from every other kiss with Billy, soft and tender unlike the rough ones we usually had. His soft lips move in perfect sync with mine. I melt into the kiss and his arms wrap around my lower back, pulling me closer to him.

Billy breaks the kiss, "Jesus Christ, you're fucking beautiful." He whispers, and with that, he connects our lips again.

~
~