The Coat

Two months
Mary's point of view
Francis's parents want to take Francis and I to dinner tonight. I don't know why but Francis says it's very important. I put on jeans and a cute sweater with converse. I quickly did my make up and curled my hair. I went into my parents room. "Hey I'm going to dinner now." I said "Have fun." My mom said "Did Cathrine tell you what this is about?" I asked "Mhm, you'll be very excited." She smiled "I'm so confused." I said "I know honey, just go to dinner." She smiled "Um okay." I smiled "Bye." She said "Bye." I said, I went out to my car. I looked over at Francis's new truck. It's been two months since the accident. I still feel awful.   But we have been so happy since it happened. No fighting or drama, just us being happy. I drove to the restaurant and got out, Francis was waiting outside for me, I walked up to him in my thick fur trench coat. "Baby it's freezing out here." I touched his cheek, it's was freezing. "Well I couldn't let you walk in alone." He smiled "Francis get inside." I smiled, I held his hand and we walked inside. I took my coat off and put it in the coat check. We held hands again and walked to the table. Henry stood up to greet me. "Hi Mary." He smiled and hugged me. "Hi Henry, I haven't seen you in so long." I smiled "Well Cathrine and I won't be traveling till after Christmas." He smiled "I'm so glad." I smiled, I sat down in the booth and Francis sat next to me. He put his hand on my waist, I smiled at him and sat closer to him. We ordered our drinks. "Are you cleared to play basket ball?" I asked "Yes, they cleared me today." He smiled "I'm so happy for you." I smiled, he leaned in and kissed me. "Stop it, not now." I giggled "The bathroom?" He smiled "No!" I giggled "Damn it." He laughed "Francis Valois! Watch your language!" Cathrine said "Well Mary we didn't bring you hear to watch Cathrine yell at Francis." Henry laughed "I didn't think that was why." I giggled "Mary, we would like to-" Cathrine tried to say before Francis cut her off. "Mary, since your birthday in a couple weeks and my dad is going on short business trip to Greece and we would like to take you with us." He smiled "Are you serious? Greece?!" I asked "Yes Mary, it's beautiful there so we wanted to take Francis and he didn't want to miss your birthday and we absolutely love you so we thought we would just offer for you to come too." She smiled "I mean I would love too, like you said it's absolutely gorgeous. But I don't know if my parents will let me go." I said "My parents already talked to yours, they are on board." Francis said "Oh my god, if they will let me I would absolutely love to." I smiled "We leave next Monday." Francis kissed my cheek. "Well don't you have preseason? I don't want you to miss that for me." I said "Hey, don't worry about me. I'll catch up." He smiled "How long are we going?" I smiled "Two weeks." He smiled. "We're going to get a suite so it will be separate bedrooms." She said  "Of course." I smiled "Do you all need a few for minutes or can I take your order?" The waitress smiled, we all ordered. And of course my 8-year old boyfriend got chicken tenders and fries. I love him. I can't believe I'm going to Greece. It's amazing. I can't believe my parents said yes. I'm so excited. I have been on vacation to like Mexico and Hawaii but nothing like this. It's going to be amazing. We finished our food and got our coats. "Thank you so much for dinner." I smiled "Oh dear Mary it's the least we could do." She smiled "I'm going to have to treat you two to dinner soon." I smiled "There is no need for that Mary." He smiled "Well I hope I will see you all before we leave." I smiled "I'll ride home with mary." Francis said "Good night." I smiled "Good night Mary." They smiled, Francis and I went to my car. "I can't believe I'm going to Greece." I giggled "Were going to Greece." He held my hand then kissed me "Do you want to go to our spot?" He smiled "We could go to our spot and freeze to death or we could go sleep on my boat and stay warm." I giggled "Wait you have a bed on your boat?" He asked "Yeah, in the cabin." I said "Okay let's do that." He smiled "Okay." I smiled, we drove back to my house. "I'm going to go change I'll meet you down there." He said "Okay." I said, he kissed me. "I love you." He smiled "I love you too." I smiled "Do you want to show me how much you love me on that boat?" He smiled "Well I do think I should thank you for taking me on that trip next week." I smiled "Mhm you should." He smiled. "Go get change." I messed with his curls. We both went to our house. I put something sexy on under my baggy pajamas just to mess with him. I put my hair in a bun. I made some popcorn and grabbed my laptop incase we want to watch a movie. I went out to my backyard. Francis came up behind me and picked me up bridal style. "Put me down." I giggled so he did. "Okay baby so I was thinking you could let me do that thing I like tonight." He nibbled on my ear. "Maybe you can have a free pass tonight since we will be in separate bedroom for the trip." I giggled "I will literally lock my parents out." He laughed "Come here." I held his hand and led him on to the boat. We walked down in the cabin and in the bedroom. We laid down in the bed. "Where do you want go to college?" He asked "I don't really know, I have a had some offers. I really like a smaller school in the outer banks but I don't want to leave you." I said "Well North Carolina state has a good law program, I can stay near you." He said "Francis your smart, I don't want to limit your school options." I said "I wouldn't be limiting myself Mary." He said "Francis you have a good chance of getting into Harvard, I could never asked you to pass that up. I could always go to school by you, I won't make a difference where I get my teaching degree. Well I want to go to a nice school but there are plenty of those. But it will make a difference where you go." I said "Well I couldn't ask you to do that either." He said "I don't want to talk about that right now." I said, he kissed me. "I love you." He said "I love you too, that's all that matters." I said "Do you wanna watch something?" He asked "Sure." I said, we turned on a movie. About half way through it he started kissing my neck. "Francis what are you doing?" I giggled "I'm seducing you." He laughed then continued kissing my neck. "Hold on a sec." I said, he rolled off me. I closed my lap top and put my lap top and the pop corn bowl on the floor. "Okay continue." I giggled, he pulled me up to his lap. I wrapped my legs around him and kissed him.