The Dog

Mary's point of view
I am so happy with the conversation Francis and I had. I felt like we got it all out there. All the messy, ugly, and scary stuff. College. Jealously. I feel like we really have a plan for the future. I looked over at Francis and he had his one arm around me with my head on his shoulder. His other arm was bent behind his head. The sun was shining on his face and bare chest. His curls were all messy. Today is our one year anniversary. I don't know if he remembers but honestly I wouldn't even care if he didn't. That's a lie I would care but he will obviously remember. I heard my door open and I was immediately scared it was my dad but it was just my dog. "Hello baby boy." I smiled, he wagged his tail then jumped on my bed. He's a beagle and he's the sweetest. His name is max and he's probably the only thing I love more than Francis and my dad and brothers. I have had him since I was eight. He stepped over me and laid on Francis. The only thing he loves more than me, my brothers, and my dad is Francis. I swear the boy could make world peace just with his smile. Max started licking his face. "Mary stop." He smiled, max licked his teeth. "Oh my god." He woke up, I started laughing. "I can lick you from now on if you want." I smiled "ha ha your so funny." He said sarcastically. "I love you." I smiled "I love your dog." He smiled, I licked his cheek. "Your disgusting." He laughed "You love me though." I smiled "Yes I do." He smiled then kissed me. "How are you max?" He smiled playing with him, max jumped of the bed and walked out of my ruin. "I guess he just doesn't like you as much anymore." I giggled "I hush." He smiled then kissed me. "Good morning." I smiled "Good morning my love." He smiled, he leaned over me. "How did you sleep?" I smiled fixing his messy eyebrows. "Good, you?" He smiled "Good." I smiled "I'm really glad we talked last night." He said "Me too." I said "I love you, you know that right?" He kissed my hand. "Of course I do, I love you too." I smiled "I want to go back to beach, just you and me." He smiled "maybe this summer." I smiled "Or you could come on vacation with me again." He smiled "Yes I will if my father lets me." I smiled "Your dad loves me he will let you go." He smiled then kissed me. "Do you know what day it is?" I asked "Sunday?" He smiled "Yes and..." I smiled "Well it's not your birthday." He smiled "no." I smiled "It's not Valentine's Day." He smiled "No." I smiled "And it's definitely not our one year anniversary." He smiled "No it's not that either." I giggled, he smiled then kissed me. "Happy one year baby." He stroked my cheek. "Happy one year." I smiled "I got you something." He smiled "I can't say I'm not surprised." I smiled "Did you get me anything?" He smiled "Yes, but I want to see yours first." I smiled "Okay." He smiled, he got out of bed and put his boxers on. He threw me a shirt and I put it on over my naked body. He grabbed a box out of his pants pocket. I went into my dresser and grabbed a big wrapped present. "What is that?" He smiled getting in bed. "You'll see." I smiled "Here you go." He handed me my present. I laid back on the bed and opened it up. It was a golden necklace with coordinates. "I don't get it." I said "Do you remember the spot I took you to on our first date and we had our first kiss?" He smiled "Yes." I smiled "those are the coordinates for where we had our first kiss." He smiled "Francis." I smiled "I love you." He smiled "I love you too." I smiled then kissed him. I sat on his lap. "Thank you for my gift." I smiled "my pleasure." He smiled then kissed me. "Now open your present." I smiled, he smiled then grabbed his present and opened it up. It said Mary and Francis and had pictures of us on it. It was framed with a white background. "Mary." He smiled "Your very welcome." I smiled "Thank you very much." He smiled "put my necklace on." I smiled, he moved my hair and put it on me. He kissed my shoulder. "Do you want to go something to eat?" I asked "Not really, I just want to lay in bed with you." He smiled "Come here." I smiled, he laid his head on my shoulder.