The Ball

Francis's point of view
Tonight's the night. After three years I'm going to ask Mary to marry me. It's going to be perfect. Dancing, flowers, music, all my friends and my parents there. I just don't know how to tell her about oxford. I don't want her to feel like she has to come with me. I put on my tux. Mary came out of the bathroom wearing a strapless red gown. The top was sparkly and the bottom was full of layers of lace which made a huge train. Not just in the back but all around it. "I don't have any words." I smiled "Is perfect coming to mind?" She giggled "Beyond perfect." I smiled "I get that a lot." She smiled "I bet you do." I smiled "I want you to know, no matter what happens. I will always, always love you francis." She said "Of course I do." I smiled "Good." She smiled "I really want to kiss your right now but your lip stick would get all over me." I smiled "I'm so sorry." She smiled "Oh you should be." I smiled then kissed her forehead. "I think our limo is here." She smiled "Come on." I smiled holding her hand. We walked down stairs then I opened the door for her. "thank you." She smiled, she got in. I got in the closed the door. I can't wait to call her my wife. I know she'll say yes. Why wouldn't she? She loves me and I love her, we've talked about marriage before and spending our lives together. "Don't be nervous." I held her hand. "I'm not nervous." She smiled "I kinda am." I laughed "Why?" She smiled "Because I don't want anything to go wrong." I smiled "Stop being so dramatic, just look out the window at the beautiful land scape. Everything is going to be okay." She smiled "Well I feel better now." I smiled pressing my forehead against hers. "Good." She smiled, she laid her head on my shoulder. I clutched the velvet box in my pocket. God I'm so scared. One we got there Mary and I got out. We walked into the art museum. "I never really got the point of staring at art and thinking about what it means." She giggled "Me neither." I smiled "Francis!" My mom smiled. "Hi." I smiled then hugged her. "How are you." She smiled "I'm great because I'm with Mary." I smiled "So sweet." She smiled, it looked fake. "Nice to see you, Cathrine." Mary smiled "Same to you." She stared Mary up and down. What the hell. "Champagne?" The waiter asked "Please." Mary smiled then took one.
Later in the evening
Mary was talking to jacks girlfriend, Ashley, giggling away. She's so beautiful. A slow song came on. I went over. "May I have this dance?" I smiled "Yes." She smiled holding my hand. We went over to the dance floor. I put my hand on her waist and my other hand connected with hers. "You look very handsome tonight." She smiled "Thank you." I smiled "Are you going to miss the beach?" She smiled "Yes, your cute in bikinis." I smiled "It's hot when your abs show." She smiled "I know." I smiled, I spun her around and pulled her into me. "Not right now francis." She smiled "But later?" I smiled "Maybe." She smiled "Oh come on." I smiled then fake pouted. "There is a good chance, you know I love you in a tux." She smiled "Well well Well." I smiled "Mhm." She smiled, the song ended. "Come on, I wanna take you some where." I smiled "Okay." She smiled, I led her out to an area in the gardens. "Why are we out here?" She asked looking around. I got down on one knee. She turned around and saw me. "Francis." She whispered. I held her hand. "Mary Stuart, I love you with all my heart. I love you more then I ever thought possible to love someone. Since the day I met you I knew you we're the one, I knew you were the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with. You make me so happy, your smile, your laugh, your cute snort whenever something's really funny, and so much more. Your the light of my life. You give me a reason to get out of bed, to be a better person. I don't know what ever made me good enough for you, I don't believe I am. But I promise, I can make you so happy Mary. I'll give you the life you deserve. So Mary Stuart, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" I smiled holding out the ring. "Francis, I can't." She muttered. "What?" I asked "Francis I can't, I'm sorry i just can't." She cried "Why not?" I yelled "Francis it's for reasons you don't understand, I'm doing this because I love you." She said "How can you say that? Your turning down my proposal because you love me? That's bullshit Mary." I yelled "Francis, I'm sorry, I can't." She said "Get out! Leave!" I yelled, she walked past me. I punched my hand threw the glass mirror. I screamed as I sat there hitting everything. I feel on my knees and started crying. "How could this happen." I cried out.