The Drink

Five years later
Francis's point of view
This weekend is Bash's wedding. He's marrying Kenna. We've remained friends, since the break up, very good friends. I'm going to be his best man. I'm scared to see Mary. We haven't seen each other since she turned down my proposal. Mary is going to be Kenna's maid of honor. I mean I'm happy, I have a girlfriend who I love, I'm junior partner at my firm. Everything is great. Everything is better than great, it's perfect. My girlfriend, Natalia, she's absolutely stunning. Once I got to the house I saw bash and Kenna welcoming everybody. I got out. "Francis! Thank you so much for coming!" Kenna smiled then hugged me. "Of course." I smiled "hey bash." I smiled "hey." We shook hands. "Is she uh here?" I asked "Not yet." He said, then a white convertible pulled up. Mary got out. She was wearing white pants with a navy blue blazer and navy blue heels. She pulled out Louis Vuitton suit cases. She must being doing pretty well for herself. "Mary!" Kenna ran over to her. "Kenna! You look amazing." Mary smiled "I'm so happy Your here, i was about to go crazy with bash doing all the wedding planning." Kenna smiled "oh my, i can only imagine what he has planned." She laughed, they locked arms and started walking over to us. "So where is Charles?" Kenna smiled "Um, were kinda taking a break." Mary laughed "Your awful." Kenna smiled "What? He was sweet but he was just, i don't know kinda creepy." Mary said "I didn't want to say anything, but yes he is." Kenna said, they both started laughing. She saw me then whispered something to Kenna. Kenna nodded then Mary walked past bash and I and simply smiled then went into the house. "Is she not feeling talkative?" I asked "Francis what do you expect her to say?" Bash asked "I don't know, maybe sorry." I said "Francis Stop it, your the one the refuses to read the damn letter to know why she did it." Kenna said "God I mean you carry the letter everywhere, minds well read it." Bash said "Kenna who's this boyfriend of hers?" I asked changing the subject. "Francis she hasn't met any one like you that's for sure." She said "Oh." I said "Francis honestly if you would just read the letter." She said "No, nothing in that letter could forgive what she did to me." I said "Fine be a stubborn asshole." Kenna said. Ugh. I went up to my room. I saw her luggage outside her room. It's right next to her room. Great. I went to go the bathroom and she was in it. "What are you doing in here?" I asked "This is a jack and Jill room, we share a bathroom. I'm setting my stuff out." She said "Oh." I said "I'll leave you to do your business." She said "Ah thanks." I said as she walked out.
Hours later
Everyone is out partying. I decided to stay here. I went down stairs. Mary was pouring herself a drink. "You're here?" I asked "Yes, I didn't want to go." She said "Oh." I said "Mary" I said "What?" She asked "Why did you say no?" I asked "Francis, don't." She said "No I'm going to, Why?" I repeated louder "Francis I loved you, I just couldn't." She said "Bullshit." I said "Francis please just stop, your clearly happy now." She said "No Mary I deserve a explanation!" I yelled "Francis I can't! I can't because because it would ruin your life!" She yelled "What are you talking about?" I asked "Francis I don't want to hurt you even more." She started crying "Mary I'm begging you." I said "I said no because of your mother." She said "What? She liked you." I said "She told me that i was fine for a high school fling but I would never be good enough to be your wife." She said "Well screw her if you would have just told me-" I said, she cut me off. "No, Francis I know how much your family means to you, I couldn't let you give them up." She said "You did that for me?" I asked "Of course, you were everything. I loved you, you were my first great love, hell I'll always love you." She said "So you would have said yes?" I asked "Of course! I loved you so much francis. I wanted nothing note than to be your wife. To be completely yours. But I couldn't." She said "So it's my mothers fault that my life was ruined?" I asked "Francis, you can't say anything, I promised to never tell you and you I never should-" I cut her off by kissing her. "Francis what are you doing?" She asked "I need you right now." I said, I picked her up and we made out as we went to my room.