Into the Woods

In the morning, Iker woke up first. He felt nestled. And sure enough, his head was close to Avadh's neck and his hand was firm on Avadh's shirt. Thankfully, he was not hugging the Alpha.

Avadh opened his eyes and looked at Iker whose eyes were trained on him, willing him to open his eyes.

"What is it?" asked Avadh.

Iker punched him in the arms. "The woods," he growled.

"Okay," he sighed and sat up. He looked at Iker.

Iker looked delectable in the morning with sleep mussed hair and the potent glare. Avadh felt himself growing aroused. Iker could smell his Alpha's arousal and grew aroused himself.

He could see the Alpha King in Avadh taking over. Iker will never forget the look in Avadh's face at that point. It made his cheeks flush.

Iker felt Avadh's tongue on his neck. The man was smelling and licking him. He then felt a bite being made. It was small, barely piercing his skin, but still a bite.

Avadh was sniffing him again. And then his head rested on Iker's shoulder, breathing heavily.

Iker too broke out of the trance. He realised he had climbed on Avadh's lap and was now pressed against the head board of the bed and has his hand tightly wound around his alpha.

He realised what happened. Avadh was marking him. The thought of going into the forest full of werewolves and other magical beings with his unbonded mate might have torn Avadh inside out. The man has marked him. He can feel it. The Alpha King's mark was on him now.

Avadh's breathing got normal and he looked at Iker.

"I am an alpha, the chance of someone coming onto me is nonexistent," said Iker slowly.

"It is a warning, the chances of getting attacked in there is huge," said Avadh finally.

Iker moved and so did Avadh. Iker was shocked that he lost control in such a way. The only fact about the whole situation grounding him is that the man is his mate and unconsummated mate bonds act up.

Avadh was berating himself for failing to be in control. He did not like being out of control, ever.

"Come, let's go," said Avadh and then went out. Iker followed him. It was still early, so they were able to leave without seeing anyone.

They got to the entrance and all Iker could think of was running deep into it.

"We have a lot of magical beings in there. You will stay close to me and I will introduce you to the various heads which will ensure your safety," said Avadh.

"I can take care of myself," snapped Iker.

Avadh paid no mind as he turned into his wolf form and Iker turned too. Avadh was seeing Iker in the wolf form for the first time and thought the black wolf with golden eyes is adorable. He looked like a stuffed toy.

Avadh growled possessively looking at him. Iker was stunned when Avadh came closer to him and made sure the mark was visible even through the fur, which it was.

The run was monumental. Avadh introduced him to all. All bowed before the two Alphas. There were other werewolf packs, native mages, vampires and merpeople in the water bodies. Then there were chimaeras and even a pack of centaurs who lived peacefully with their mates.

Two hours later, both reached the edge. Iker was shocked to see Ma standing at the entrance, hands on her hip and her eyes held rebuke for both of them.

"Without even a cup of tea, you both reckless men rushed off. I can't believe you took your mate in there without completing the bond, " said Ma.

"I insisted," said Iker, not wanting Avadh to take the blame.

"But the call of the woods would be irresistible for you now my child, I was feeling the same when I came here first. He should know better," said Ma.

Avadh did not say anything as they all walked back to the palace. All had breakfast together. Avadh left soon after that. He did not say anything about where he was going which pissed off Iker to an extent but he did not let his displeasure be known.

Ma showed him around the palace and introduced the rest of the family to him. After that, she resumed the stories. She stopped outside a room.

"This is Ahem's room. How is he?" asked Ma finally, sadness marring her face.

"He is good. My brother is a nice person. I can smell your worry Mrs Alwar- 

"You are going to call me Ma like every other kid of mine and now, do you have a picture of the alpha, your brother?" asked Ma

Iker was too stunned to speak for a moment, but he caught up quick and took his phone and showed her a picture.

"Handsome and a kind face," said Ma.

"You are really upset about him. You miss him, I wish I could help," said Iker.

"I do. I would miss all my sons when they are not near me. But my Ahem, I know it is for the best. For years he was not feeling at home here at all. He missed his mate and I hope he is finally happy. Do you think your brother will let him come here often?" asked Ma.

"He would," said Iker.

"Do you miss home?", asked Ma.

Iker had no reply to that. He was not sure he missed home.

Viraat and Vansh were playing carroms and saw him.

"You can join us," said Piya who was also playing.

Iker sighed and nodded. He spoke to all three though very minimally and only a couple of times, it sure as hell was family bonding.

Iker was getting agitated as Avadh was not home by nightfall. He did not have Avadh's number and he did not want to get it from anyone else. that would raise many unwanted questions.

Finally, when the man did show up, it was 8 in the night. Iker was in the room. Avadh went into the bathroom and came out after some time. He saw the disaster for what it was and kept silent. He could feel the anger reverberating from the walls of the room.

"Maybe you can take down my phone number," said Avadh finally. Iker took down the number but still did not speak a word. He was fuming but chose to not say anything.