Hale

Hale insisted on going with Zal and Viraat as their bond was new and both spelled danger to themselves. He and Zal were shocked by the amount of rogues and the varying terrains.

"These many rogues?" asked Hale.

"Oh, there are just a few packs here- around 200. The numbers in the other side is higher,"said Viraat.

"You better keep my brother safe in future and ask Avadh too," said Hale.

"Yes, mother hen" teased Viraat.
Hale swatted him and then they all shifted.

Hale did not hesitate to jump onto the fray. He was a very strong person. He had always fought his own battles. Being an omega and without having the mate with you is probably one of the worst things that could happen and yet he always fought.

"Vansh is here. I am worried. His wolf gets weak because of the alcohol. So he is banned from fighting and can only strategise. I hope he is keeping his word to brother," said Viraat.

Hale has heard of Vansh. Everyone has heard of Vansh, the legendary footballer, who lost it all with an injury to his leg caused by a silver axe.

Hale has heard stories from Ahem about how he was the best hunter. However, the injury had been a huge setback and he was never the same.
Vansh even had a drug phase, but he got over it after Ahem took him to a rehabilitation centre.

"Holy shit, he is fighting. What the fuck is he thinking?" said Viraat as he ran in a specific direction.

Zal and Hale both looked on. And then Hale saw the most handsome man he ever met. He could feel his wolf's joy. Hale felt a tear drop slide down his eyes as he looked at the man.

Vansh's wolf was almost dead. And Vansh, he looked so tired. Handsome yes, but a shadow of what he was which was evident from the beard and the sunken eyes and the- Hale realised he was seeing through his wolf eyes.

Zal looked at Hale.

"It is him?" asked Zal.

Hale nodded.

"Are you sad that he is your mate?" asked Zal.

Hale gave a small smile and looked at Zal.

"Did you feel sad that Viraat is your mate eventhough he was a class A asshole," asked Hale.

Zal thought for a moment. Well there was the jealous moment, but- as he looked at Viraat. He shook his head.

"No matter how much of an idiot he is, he is my Alpha,"said Zal.

Hale smiled.

"I am sad because it took me this much time to reach him," said Hale.

Zal nodded in understanding and they both joined the fray.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vansh couldn't stop himself from being a part of the fight. He couldn't just stand back and let his people fight. As a member of the King's pack and as a hunter, he just couldn't. He saw Viraat join them. Vansh was feeling weird.

He knew he might die any day. He was doing it all, taking medicines, doing the exercises, trying to distract himself.

But without anything to hold him down here, he can feel himself slowly dying, day after day. So it did not really matter if he died today or another day.

Vansh saw the wolf coming with an axe. It had silver linings. For one moment Vansh wanted it to hit him and end it all. It was the same axe. It was the same wolf, Rogue Asinon. He had always had a grudge against Vansh.

"Vansh," he heard a voice call. It was his mate's voice and he could sense it.

Vansh's hand rose somehow because he wanted to see that face atleast once. The axe hit him all the same. Vansh wanted to tell him why they can't be. Why he should move on.

And then he saw him. He was beautiful. Vansh ran his hand through his face.

"Hey, You know we can't be. I- I "

He couldn't talk more.

---------------

Hale bit down hard on Vansh.

"Bite me, Bite-" said Hale, tear drops streaming down his eyes.

"Please, Vansh- you can't deny me this. Atleast give me my mark,"said Hale.

Hale pressed his face closer to Vansh's and exposed his neck to him.

Vansh looked at him and bit down hard. He could feel life slipping and everything went dark.

"Unconditional love, you are a winner Vansh Alwar, a winner," said a voice and Vansh looked for the source of the voice. All he saw was darkness.

"Let him show you the way, you will see light," the voice echoed and Vansh heard no more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hale sat there on the ground, cradling Vansh's head on his lap as he ran a gentle hand through it. Hale's silent tears were bathing Vansh's face. Hale could feel the slow departure and he was feeling numb. Hale wanted to leave, leave with Vansh.

Hale felt a sharp pain on his mating mark and then he felt it. The last strand locked into his own soul.

"Stay," Hale sobbed onto Vansh's ears. The Alpha opened his eyes. Hale looked at him.

"Hale, its Hale," said the omega smiling as he looked at his mate.

Vansh smiled.

"Wow, are we forming an Ilse- Manovar alliance now," he asked.

He lifted his hand and touched Hale's mating mark and looked at him.

"You saved me," said Vansh.

"No, you saved yourself," said Hale.

"No, baby, you are why I lived. I was prepared to die,"said Vansh.

"I won't let you leave me for the next few centuries," said Hale.

"I had no purpose," said Vansh.

"And now?" asked Hale.

"Now, I guess there is one,"said Vansh.

Hale smiled as he wiped the sweat from Vansh's face.

"Baby, I thought I would die without seeing you,"said Vansh.

Hale brushed Vansh's hair fondly, waiting for help to arrive.

"I was sure I will see you," said Hale.

"My optimist,"said Vansh.

"Yours," smiled Hale.

_______________

Okay, so I know I was away. Will update as soon as possible.