Steady as a Pillar

Okay, so we have reached a much-awaited point of the story. Now, I think we have, maybe 10-15 more chapters in this book. But, I was wondering about the second book. Should I go for it? Or not? Ethan and Atrey- I have plans for them I am not sure about executing. I will leave synopsis of what their story will look like. Also, the next chapters are going to be specially dedicated to each of our four super couples.

Ahem looked at his heavily pregnant belly. He is reaching his eighth month now. For a werewolf conceiving at this age itself was a risk, but they had. He looked at Cristian who was in a pack meeting. He had been agitated as Ahem's health deteriorated. The fact that three of his brother left his wings so quickly was also not doing well for Cristian. The fact that they are also now targets of large-scale rogue attacks also was eating away Cristian.

Ahem had wondered if he blamed him or his brothers. But, no, typical to the kind-hearted Alpha Cristian, he was angry at the rogues as he 'rightfully should be' according to Katherine when he spoke to her about this. She is a good mother. She took care of him like his own. 

Said Alpha Cristian now stood at the door, a small smile on his face as he walked in. 

"Is he troubling you?" asked Cristian fondly as he sat next to Ahem. 

Ahem shook his head as he leaned back on Cristian's shoulder. "He knows his father is here and has now started kicking me," said Ahem smiling.

"When Iker's dad was pregnant with him, I used to go and sit near him. Ike would stomp on my arms because Ike's dad let me place my hand on his tummy. Zal was an entirely different case. He would kick mom nonstop. Mom always says he was in a hurry," smiled Cristian looking forlorn.

"They are all fine. All three of them. I just spoke to mom. Hale has entered his third month. Zal and Viraat are going out on a date- their tenth one since the rogue attack apparently and Ike, well Avadh is yet to let him out of the bed," said Ahem.

Cristian smiled.

"I can imagine. I actually feel bad for Avadh. He is going to get rolled into a new shape during the course of pregnancy. I know what I wanted was to hide you away and well, Avadh will feel it too and taking that out with Iker won't sit well for him. " Ahem nodded running his hand though Cristian's arm soothingly.

"Hale- I just hope Vansh remains sober. He is a great kid Vansh, just- I wish there was something we could do to heal him."

"I know. I have tried and honestly, Hale is having more success than I ever did," said Ahem.

Cristian nodded and then smiled. "Viraat is probably still grovelling. I hope Zal will let up," he said.

Ahem laughed.

"Yeah, but it is okay. One thing about Viraat is, he will achieve anything if he sets his mind on it. Even forgiveness and trust," said  Ahem.

Cristian laughed. "Of all of them, I had never thought Zal to be the high maintenance one," he said.

"Don't be rude," said Ahem, swatting Cristian.

Cristian smiled but hugged Ahem. He buried his head on Ahem's shoulder.

"I don't know where Ethan is. I- I am a pathetic older brother I guess," said Cristian.

"You are not. It was Ethan's choice not to keep in touch with the family. Maybe he needs his own time to heal. You are an amazing brother, never doubt that. You are worrying about them constantly and is doing everything in your power to ensure that they are all fine which in itself says a lot about what kind of a brother you are," said Ahem.

Cristian just stayed there pressed up against Ahem. Without Ahem, he was sure he would have collapsed from all the worry by now.

------------------------------------------------------------

Vansh looked at Hale who was sleeping and smiled. It was difficult, living, yes. But now he had Hale by his side. And now, Hale was giving him something more. They still went running every day. His injured feet was faring better. Hale has also forced him into helping the pack kids play football. He never used to do that. Even when his brothers played he would just sit and watch. Though he was forced to do it by Hale, he didn't mind it that much. It was fun- it was exhilarating to run behind the ball again.

There were moments when Vansh just wanted to lie down and never get up, to just crash and burn. But, he had Hale to think of now and a little life that was made by them. So he kept running. It kept him too tired to have negative thoughts. He was routinely going for counselling too. 

Hale opened his eyes and saw Vansh looking at him.

"Creep," said Hale fondly. Vansh smiled as he pulled Hale into his arms.

"I was thinking, maybe I will start a football academy- you know- I- Nobody said I can't ever play again. I am just not in the national team because of the leg- but, I guess it is okay to you know try playing again and help others play too," said Vansh.

Hale smiled.

"Yes, Good and you are going to have me with you in making all this a reality," said Hale.

"All you are going to do is rest well. You know how volatile werewolf pregnancy is," said Vansh.

"Don't go all Alpha on me if you are in a rush," said Hale

Vansh smirked as he looked at his very naughty omega. "Oh, I am unemployed. No rush for sure," he said as he kissed up Hale's neck.

----------------------------------------------------------

Shorter chapter, not a filler though. I am just- planning ahead. I hope the writing is still on the same level and has not gone down. Please tell me if It is going down. I feel like maybe I am rushing it and making mistakes.