Forever Yours

Viraat stood outside Cristian's room. The Alpha came out and saw Viraat standing there, hair wet from the heavy rain outside. 

"Where on earth were you? Do you know how much you worried everyone?" asked Cristian furious.

"I know. I am sorry," said Viraat.

Cristian took a towel from the hanger and made him sit down and dried his hair.

"You know I want you both to be happy," said Cristian.

"I know. I want him to be happy too. James seems to be a good guy," said Viraat remembering his introduction to James.

"This is James. My- " Zal had broken off.

"Boyfriend," the guy added extending his hand.

"But he is not you," said Cristian bringing Viraat back from his reverie.

"I have never been able to make him laugh like that guy does. We both agree that he deserves the best. And I am not the best. I am just a brat," said Viraat, a small smile on his face.

Ahem, who came in then did not say anything. He just looked at Viraat who let Cristian dry his hair.

"I don't know what you think you are doing Viraat, get your life back on track," said Ahem.

Viraat nodded and he got up.

"I am going somewhere now, I will be back," said Viraat.

"Get back soon," said Cristian.

------------------------------------

Avadh was furious beyond belief and Vansh stood at his side. Hale and Iker were both sitting on the sofa. They looked at Viraat.

"Where the fuck was you Viraat. 24 hours, there is no direction I have not run in," said Avadh.

"King- Brother, I am sorry. I just had a few things to think about. I am sorry I worried you, all of you," said Viraat looking at them all.

"You are an idiot. I would kill King and the person who proposes to take him on a date if someone even dares to do it," said Iker.

Avadh couldn't help the quirk that appeared on his lip at that.

"I would castrate them and then Vansh if he ever dares to even look at anyone," said Hale.

Vansh actually smiled as he fondly dropped a kiss on Hale's head.

Viraat smiled at them both.

"I know. But, Zal and I are different. We are different people. Zal and I have an ocean of issues between us, none of them I can even fathom how I will apologise for or sort out. I just, I hope both of us are able to get a grip on our lives," said Viraat as he looked at them all.

"I will see you guys," said Viraat as he went up to his bedroom.

--------------------------------------------------------

Zal went up practically running to see Viraat. He could feel Viraat everywhere now, so he was not able to specifically say where he was. He did not see Viraat in his room. Dejected Zal decided to wait for him in his room.

Zal was surprised to find a slip on his bed. He opened it.

Hey Zal,

Love, I can't even fathom how I should start apologising to you. You are the best thing that happened in my life and I ruined it just like that. I have never been denied anything in my life. And then you refused to give in. I know you might have heard stories about me. Maybe it is the tears of the people I have hurt that has given us this fate. I don't understand why fate would want to punish you. Maybe its done. We might both be able to get a grip on our lives now. I- even when we mated, I was determined to let you choose the life you want. The bond will not stand in your way as we are not married. You will find happiness and the kind of guy you deserve and deserves you.

I don't know if I can handle seeing you with someone else when I come back. But, I still urge you to find happiness, find the person. I am not it as we both know now. James seems to be a nice guy. I even saw him get you a ring. I have never been able to make you laugh like he does, and you seemed okay, even happy which is actually a bit redeeming for me. It hurts, yes, but I am happy for you too. You glowed when he pecked you on the lips. That's how you should be Zal.

It could be him or anyone else, Zal, know that you are worth everything in this world. Don't let my idiocies cloud your confidence. Love, you are the absolute best. I have heard of Zaleno De Russe long before we met and you proved to be a better person than I had heard you are.

So, till we meet again. Probably you might even have kids, wouldn't you? I guess I will love them too. No matter who their father is or who your husband is, I will always love you with all my heart.

Forever Yours

Viraat Alwar

Zal sat back leaning on the bed, his teardrops wetting the slip. Sobs racked his body as he desperately tried to bring himself under control. Ma found him like that. Wolves went in all directions and none found him. Viraat Alwar just left.

--------------------------------------------

Zal was a mess for the next week. He had run through the woods looking for him. Zal couldn't believe that Viraat has left. A werewolf leaves a pack only when they can't stand the sadness a moment more and it killed Zal to think that Viraat had no one to confide to. He had James and his own family. But all were angry at Viraat. He had no one, practically no one.

Zal was forced into counselling by the family which worked and he was slowly learning to accept that Viraat has left. Zal saw Ma crying as she looked at Viraat's picture.

"Why are you crying Ma? Alpha will be back soon. He said he will come back," said Zal.

Ma nodded and hugged Zal to her. Ma felt Zal's weight on her and shook him. He was unconscious.

The healer was brought in quickly and they tended to Zal. Finally, he opened his eyes. 

"You are with child, Prince Zaleno," said the healer.

Zal felt his eyes well up. He was close to tears every moment of the day now.

"It is Alpha Viraat's. I never slept with anyone after our mating," said Zal as he looked at all the curious and worried faces around.

"We know, you were giving out Viraat's scent too. I just didn't know how to break it to you," said Ma.

Zal sobbed as he walked out. He went into Viraat's room and cuddled himself with his pillows and breathed in Viraat's scent.

-----------------------------------

Miles away, Viraat lay in a very dirty bed at a roadside inn, alone and sad, his mind filled with images of a laughing Zal soothing him to a light sleep.

--------------------------------------------