Unexpected

This chapter is focussed on Zal!

Zaleno De Russe was irritated, to say the least. He and the whole family was ready to leave. Iker is his kid brother. He just wanted to see Ike and make sure that he was fine. He knew Iker might actually hate him now. But, he couldn't stop himself from just making sure.

Iker was surprised when he learned that his - that people from Ilse would be coming for his marriage. He watched as the cars came in and the immediate family got out. Iker did not hesitate when he saw Hale. He had been angry at Hale, but seeing his face, Iker could understand that his brother has not even slept properly for some time now. 

Hale did not even say anything, just hugged Iker for the longest time. Iker smiled into his chest when Cris hugged him tighter. Then before he could look up, both Valen and Terrence hugged him. Iker looked at them and nodded and looked around for his sister- in-laws and nieces. Soon he felt two balls of energy strike his leg and Iker smiled as he took them both in his arms. Then his sister-in- laws hugged him and cupped his face looking him over.

Then Ahem came in and smiled at him and gave him a hug. Soon Ahem was pulled in by the rest of the Alwar family. Then he saw his dad and well, mom. She was silent as his dad looked him over. Iker saw mom do that too. They nodded to him and were soon invited in by Ma. 

Zal looked at Iker who was in casuals which were so unusual when he was in the palace and he could see Iker's eye looking for his mate and following him with his eyes as he spoke to each family member.

Zal looked at Iker who was also looking at him.

"You also came," said Iker and there was a genuine surprise in his words that Zal hated. Zal just nodded and placed his hand on Iker's hand. Iker turned to his mate and saw the man looking between them.

"I see, come one Zal, meet my brothers," said Avadh.

And Zal froze when he looked at where Avadh was pointing to. He was not looking at everyone. He was looking at one man. Viraat was too shocked to move. Not even in his wildest dreams had he expected to meet his mate today.

Viraat was the one who was more surprised. He groaned because he was sure his mate can smell his last night's fuck on him.

Zal growled, confirming his thoughts and soon Zal was on Viraat. Which is when Viraat could feel all different scents and realizes, in anger, Zal was projecting every encounter he has ever had and it made Viraat want to tear the whole place down.

Avadh placed his hand around Iker, stopping him from interfering. Iker looked at Avadh. 

"Let them, we will only complicate the matter further," said Avadh.

Well, who will be the dominant alpha was the next question and they could all see it. Viraat's growls were becoming serious as he grabbed Zal. Zal was glaring at him, but it was slowly turning soft.

Viraat was apologetic and Zal could feel it. It was not like Zal has not slept with anyone before. Viraat pulled Zal into his arms as he sniffed him.

"You are not touching me before you wash that bitch's scent off," said Zal.

Viraat released him, his eyes glowing violet as Zal's glowed blue. Once they came back to senses, Viraat looked at Zal.

"Hello, I am Viraat Alwar," said Viraat, breathless.

"I am Zaleno De Russe and it would be better for you if you go wash yourself in the next five seconds,"said Zal, breathing heavily and trying to not look at the Alpha.

Viraat nodded and left. Zal sighed.

"See, I told you when he meets his mate, he will be smelling of someone else, now cough up," said Atrey looking at Avadh and Arav, both of whom took their purses. Ahem looked disapprovingly at his brothers while Iker was looking at Avadh who shrugged.

"Well, it's only a bet," said Avadh. Iker shook his head and looked at Ahem and both shared a commiserating eye roll.

Zal was glaring as he looked at where Viraat disappeared to. His mate was handsome and every man and woman's wet dream and he smelled of some random bitch. He was going to put that man on a leash. Zal looked at Iker.

"Well, looks like you are not getting rid of me," said Zal as he pushed past Iker who shook his head and followed him so that Zal will have somewhere to sit in peace. 

A couple of hours later, Zal has freshened up and sat back on a sofa in the guest room. Zal looked at Iker once they were alone.

"Is he a dick?" asked Zal.

"No, he is a kind person. Don't worry about the chic, he just likes company according to King," said Iker.

Zal snorted.

" You call your mate and to be husband King?" asked Zal.

"Well, that's his name," said Iker.

"No, it's not and we both know it," said Zal snorting.

He looked at Iker.

"Is it difficult? Being an Alpha and a submissive?" asked Zal.

"Not really. I am not sure. We are not there yet and I believe you don't have to define it. It is like any other relationship," said Iker.

"Oh, little Ike has grown up," said Zal, with a small teasing smile.

"Well, I had to. Hadn't I? What with no one else to have my back ?" said Iker.

Zal's smile faltered into a sad one. 

He was going to say sorry, to try and make amends, but the words won't come out. Maybe it was his ego or his complex, he just couldn't.

"Your mate wants to see you, maybe you should let him in?" asked Iker.

"Yeah, okay," said Zal.

------------------

Viraat was a bit worried as he paced outside Zal's room. What if his mate rejects him? He couldn't bear to think about it. But he can totally understand if his mate chose not to mate with him.

Iker came out.

"What did he say?" asked Viraat.

"He has asked you to go in," said Iker giving him a small encouraging nod.

Viraat breathed in and out. Then he walked into the room. Zal who was sitting on the sofa looked at him.

"I am so sorry, I really am. I had no clue. Who thought I would find my mate today? I am so sorry, Zaleno, I will forever be devoted to you, just don't reject-

Viraat's voice was muffled as Zal caught his mouth in a kiss, effectively shutting out the blabbering Alpha who sighed and then smiled into the kiss and then, pulled Zal closer to him.

Zal flushed a bit when he felt cocooned in the man's arms.

----------

Writing this chapter today was the only relaxing moment I had.