Longing

Iker looked at Avadh's sleeping face. It was one of his favourite things to do, kind of like a routine now. He just adored Avadh's carefree face. Iker shifted a bit, his legs tangling with Avadh's. Iker blushed as he felt the dried come in him. Avadh had been absolutely wild last night and Iker enjoyed it thoroughly.

Iker was surprised when the man stirred. Avadh smiled and pulled Iker closer. They made love again Iker had a permanent smile on his face that day. He had laid back and waited for it to take finally and give him a little Avadh.

---------------------------------------------------

At noon, Hale was looking happy. He looked at mom who nodded encouragingly.

"So, well, I wanted to say that- we- I and Vansh are expecting a baby," said Hale.

Vansh was smiling as he slid his arm around Hale who sat back amidst all the congratulations. Iker also congratulated him along with the King. He was happy for Hale, he really was.

---------------------------

A few days later, Avadh heard Iker's sobs. He was miles away in the dense forest but he could still hear it. Iker's heart was slowly breaking.

Avadh rushed to the palace. He saw Avadh sitting on their bed leaning back against the headboard. When he saw Avadh he wiped his eyes.

"Don't even try to distract me. What happened?" asked Avadh sitting down next to him. Iker rested his head on Avadh's shoulder.

"Will you marry again or take a concubine if I- I am unable to give you a kid?" asked Iker.

Avadh looked at him taken aback.

"I mean- I will be fine. I just- I know that's what the council advises to keep it legitimate and I - I will be fine. Just - Just don't leave me behind- I," Iker's voice was breaking as he said that.

Avadh raised Iker's face to look at him.

"You listen very carefully, Iker Maximilian Alwar. I promise you that in this life or another I will never have anyone else even in name or to satisfy anyone's desires. How can you think I would hurt you like that? Iker, you-you are not a baby maker or my sex doll. You- I think our marriage and mating means more than that to both of us. I know two in our family are with children now. Maybe moon goddess will be kind to us soon or maybe she won't. It doesn't matter," said Avadh.

Iker hugged him closer and looked into his eyes.

"But I would be denying you the chance to be a parent. What If I can never conceive?" asked Iker.

Avadh pulled Iker onto his lap and held him closer.

"Then, I will carry our child," said Avadh.

Iker gaped. He literally just stared at the man, the most powerful man to walk the earth now. 

"What about the people? You are an Alpha- "

"I am sure Iker Maximilian Alwar nee De Russe can handle our kingdom for a year and Alpha? Well, you are also an Alpha," said Avadh and wiped Iker's tears.

"And if we fail there too, we will adopt. See here, you don't have to get pregnant for any reason other than you wishing to be a father. If it is not destined for us, it won't happen. If it is- It will," said Avadh.

"We- King you can't mean that. I- " Iker just sobbed a bit more.

Avadh laid Iker down and comforted him. Then he made sweet love to Iker.

"Agh" Iker moaned as  Avadh drove into him. Iker was passionate, so was Avadh. They were both letting off of the pressures, hopes, fears and it was pure passion. When Avadh filled him this time, Iker just smiled and held on tighter to Avadh's body, clenching, receiving every bit of it.

---------------------------------------------------

A series of lone wolf sightings were reported in the borders. Avadh was on edge in the days that passed. Lone wolves were not dangerous per se- but some of them turn rogues after years of being abused and evicted by packs. He had his sympathies for them. But as a King, his primary duty is to protect the ones under him. He was, however, making a plan from the grounds to help and reinstate the lone wolves into packs.

A couple of them now lived in the prisons. The pack leaders were reluctant to let in lone wolves in as they either consider them too weak or too stubborn. After the rogue attack, Avadh was now rebuilding the army and hunters. He has Iker helping him.

Avadh looked on to see Iker fight his way through the pack. Avadh smiled fondly. Iker was the pillar of the pack. Once he changed from the wolf form, Iker walked towards him smiling and then, he promptly puked on Avadh.

Iker froze. Avadh looked at him worried as he led him inside. The pack doctor came to check on Iker soon enough and Iker had his eyes closed as he leaned onto Avadh's side. Avadh had cleaned up meanwhile and took his seat by his husband's side.

The healer nodded smiling at both of them.

"You are pregnant, your highness," said the healer.

Iker looked at Avadh and smiled, a teardrop sliding down his eyes.

"You are going to be a father," said Iker and just broke out into sobs. The past one an half month since they discussed it, Iker had tried to not be sad. He had almost lost hope. Werewolves never took this much time. Now, he knew when this happened. The look on Avadh's face said the same.

It was the day they spoke and resolved the fears and shared their hopes when Avadh told Iker to think about what he wants. Iker was grateful to the moon goddess and every other deity that he got his King who was now sitting on the bed looking at him.

Iker just blushed and looked down. He has never done that, not even when they mated. But this, this was very different. 

Avadh dropped a kiss on Iker's head and smiled.

Iker hesitantly touched his tummy and smiled. This is where a mini Avadh- Iker is. 

Avadh just looked at Iker's eyes and he knew his world begins and ends just there. If seven months before someone told him that these many changes will happen in his life, he would have scoffed, he had too. And now, now he can't think of a life without Iker. 

As he looked into those eyes he knew that nothing, not even their kids would ever mean as much as Iker means to him.
-------------