Iker De Russe- Alwar

The ceremony was a small one. Iker and Avadh were silent throughout it. Avadh looked at Iker whose cheeks went red but stood his ground. Avadh wore Iker a ring and Iker wore one on Avadh's finger. They also wore each other a chain, symbolic in many ways for Alwar traditions. Both the ornaments they shared has symbolic meanings which define their relationship.

Iker's dad joined their hands and the minister/chief who headed the ceremony declared them married. Avadh looked at Iker. Their bond, they could feel, was rejoicing. After all wished them and they had dinner together, both were left to their devices.

Once inside their room, Avadh looked at Iker who was glowing. Avadh couldn't resist bending down and kissing Iker's forehead. They looked at each other. They know they have just signed the deal for a lifetime. There is no going back. When werewolf mates bonded, then there is no way one mate can reject the other or survive without the other. It is a closed bond, a binding one.

Avadh pulled Iker close and kissed him. Iker's hand went around Avadh who smiled as he let Iker in. Avadh looked at Iker who looked gorgeous and all Avadh could do was kiss him fervently.

"I know you are not ready," said Avadh as he kissed Iker deeper.

"Not yet," said Iker.

"That's okay, just know that we will have to. This marriage gives us maybe a couple more months before we start weakening again," said Avadh resisting his impulses.

Iker nodded and his hand was still firm on Avadh's shirt. He leaned his head on the man's chest and realized he only reaches up to his husband's neck. They have a tentative relationship now. Sometimes they talk and sometimes the silence is fine too.

Avadh held him closer in an embrace and Iker realized he liked it. He, guiltily, liked being taken care of.

"I am needed, I will have to go," said Avadh.

Iker nodded into Avadh's skin.

"I want to come," said Iker.

"You know you can't. You are an Alpha King now. One of us is needed here all the time," said Avadh.

Iker growled.

"You can't ask me to stay back knowing you are walking into danger. Especially when our marital bond is so new," said Iker gripping Avadh on both sides. His eyes glowing, as he glared at his husband.

"I have to go Iker," said Avadh.

Iker watched as Avadh left. He sat back in the bed. He could feel himself growing sad and his wolf was also growing sad. Iker laid back, not even removing his clothes.

He had been letting go of himself a bit. Now he realized how foolish it was. Avadh had told him, he would always come second and its true. He will come second. It was probably the way Avadh held him, was near him in the past days leading up to the marriage, he had grown used to the presence.

Iker would not let himself cry. Hell, he can't remember crying since he was ten or something.

-------------------

Avadh could feel Iker's pain. He knew he shouldn't go. His mate was breaking from the inside. Maybe some of the guards can go. But what if one of his people die because he was not there? He can burn the silver, what if? The what if's stopped Avadh from turning and going back to his mate.

Avadh could feel all eyes on him. He knew none of them would even think about leaving their mates on the night of bonding. But he can't think of that now. He has a responsibility to the people out there.

It took Avadh hours to get back. Iker was still in the bed. Avadh looked at him. He knew usually, Iker can sense him coming. He touched Iker and could sense that Iker was in some sort of deep sleep. He has withdrawn from himself.

Only deep pain and longing makes a werewolf do that. Avadh sat on his knees as he looked at Iker and ran his hand through Iker's hair. He looked so sad even in his sleep. Avadh bent down and pecked his forehead.

"I am sorry, Iker. In our next life, you will be my first and only priority," said Avadh as he continued to look at Iker.

Iker leaned into Avadh's arm. Avadh got up and freshened up and laid down next to Iker, pulling Iker closer to him. Iker rested his head as usual on the man's shoulder curling into him. Avadh smiled. He did not mind being a cuddle bear.

In the morning, Iker woke up first. He realized he was entwined with Avadh. He looked at the man and then looked away. He got up and walked to the bath without looking back.

When Avadh woke up, he felt Iker's absence clearly. He was somewhere far off. Avadh rushed down to his mother. She would know where Iker was.

"He left for the woods," she said curtly. Avadh looked at her hearing the displeasure in her voice.

"You shouldn't have rushed off on your bonding night. Do you know what it must have done to him? He was as silent as the day he arrived this morning," she said and walked off wondering when her son's idiocy will stop.

Avadh rushed to the woods. There Iker was curled up in his wolf form near a pond. It was one of Avadh's favorite spots and there was no chance that Iker knew it. Iker turned his head sensing Avadh's presence.

"What are you doing here?" asked Iker.

"Do you know how irresponsible it was for you to leave the grounds?" asked Avadh.

He actually wanted to ask Iker if he was okay. But he can't. As a King, his focus should be on his people and his mate should know that he can't go running around in panic looking for him when he should be doing other important things.

Iker looked at him.

"I think you forget who you are talking to King. I am an Alpha, the most powerful one on the other side of the globe when I lived there. I know to protect myself. And as of now, I, Iker Maximilian De Russe- Alwar is forbidding you, my husband, from safeguarding me. I will be having business trips and other engagements which would mean that I will have a schedule of my own. I am none of your concern. I am relieving you from your duty to protect your mate, bindingly" said Iker.

Avadh looked at him. He could feel the anger and sadness emanating from Iker. The anger was not at him, but at something in him.

But Avadh had to focus. A lot was to be done. Vansh was outside the country on a dangerous and diplomatic mission. It could go either way. It was so important that Vansh had to forego his attendance at the wedding of his brother and his favorite brother- in -law.

I would really like to know how you feel about this chapter.