Building the Bonds

Iker stirred. Avadh was asleep. The man had been handling some attack in the northern end. He looked tired even in sleep. Iker wanted to peck him. His wolf craved to show affection to his mate. He knew they were both avoiding bringing up bonding.

Iker was not sure if he wanted to mate. Oh, he wanted to, but he would have preferred it to be more than just instinct when they do mate. Iker looked away and got up. He took a bath and went down. Ma was there. Iker absolutely loved her. She was the best mother in the world. She has helped Iker settle down. He has an office now where he does his business work.

He also knew every family member now, along with the history of the place, the clan, and the various adversaries. It has only been two weeks and yet it feels longer.

Iker also made a friend here. Atrey was really cute and bubbly and helped Iker with everything too. Iker felt like an older brother with Atrey and enjoys it.

Iker looked upstairs. He can feel Avadh's distress. He went up and saw Avadh feeling his left side unable to find Iker even though he was still asleep.

Iker sighed. He thought of going back down again. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. So he went over and sat down next to the sleeping Alpha King and Iker left his hand on the place for him to grab. Avadh settled down after that. He had only come in an hour before sunrise.

Iker felt the strong arms pull him in. He was strong enough to resist it, but he knew Avadh will grow agitated. An agitated Avadh was not a nice sight. It also distressed Ma, so he will let this slide for once. Iker was soon enveloped in the man's strong arms. Iker sighed as he let his body rest against the big spoon rolling his eyes.
The man was a cuddle bear. Iker almost smiled at the ridiculousness of it when Avadh's head rested above his. Iker also blushed a bit when the Alpha's hand sneaked around his hip. Slowly he too dozed off.

Avadh woke up hours later and saw Iker inside his arms. Then he looked at his mate and could see that the man had actually gotten up, freshened and-  he concentrated enough and saw what happened.

Avadh looked at Iker, unable to stop a small smile to come on his face.
His mate can be adorable at times. He knew he has not spent much time with Iker. He had been really busy and now it was taking a toll on him. He was craving this proximity which means he was dangerously close to losing control.

They will have to mate soon. He hoped Iker was prepared. Iker too had not slept the night before. He had been awake when Avadh had come home, though he said he was working. Avadh gave a small peck on Iker's forehead. He knew he can't afford to deny himself this.
Iker purred and pressed himself closer to Avadh who felt a wave of lust wash over him. Avadh looked at his mate. He wanted to make love to Iker. Make them one in body, soul, and spirit.

Iker could feel his mate's desire. He opened his eyes. Avadh was looking at him with his eyes glowing. Iker gulped. He felt his lips go dry and licked them. Then he felt his mate growing more aroused.
Avadh lowered his head. Iker's lips looked delectable. He kissed Iker. It was a small peck on the lips. He looked at Iker again.

Iker wanted that warmth back. He leaned up and captured his mate's lips. Avadh groaned as the kiss got wild. It got deeper and Iker was running his hand through the man's back. Avadh was holding Iker closer to him.

"I am losing it Iker," said Avadh which brought Iker back to his senses. He was definitely not ready to mate. He closed his eyes as their lips withdrew from each other. Iker flushed as he panted. Avadh fell back on the bed. Iker looked at him.

"I think we should get married, maybe the bond will settle and give us more time," said Avadh.

Iker knew it was true.

"Okay, I could feel you weakening yesterday," said Iker.

Avadh nodded. He knew there was no point in covering his weakness with his mate of all people. They knew the cause too. His bond was draining him. It was demanding their powers to join.

"I can't let the bond pull me back," said Avadh.

Iker did not say anything. He got up and moved. Avadh took a bath and then came in. He looked at Iker's lips. Iker looked away, he knew the man has bit down hard on his lips. Well, he had loved it and was loving the slight heat from it even now. He can't complain.

Avadh left. Iker went off.

"Ike, come on, we are playing a game of soccer," said Viraat.

"No, there is this-"

"No, you are not going anywhere and come , join us," said Atrey, his stubborn spirit showing.

"Go on, no point in arguing with the little Prince. You won't win, your mate doesn't," smiled Vansh.

Iker shook his head in exasperation but joined them in a game of soccer. Once the game was over and he sat back tiredly with Ma fussing over him with a bottle of water, Iker could feel Avadh calling.

Avadh needed support, his support. He should have known. The man was draining himself.

"Where did he go to?," asked Iker as he got up.

"To the northern ends for patrolling. Why?" asked Viraat, worried.

"He is calling for me," said Iker as he ran out into the forest, smelling his man as he went.

The sight that greeted him brought his fury out. Avadh was fighting hundreds of rogues. He did not have anyone in the back to help out. One was about to push a silver dagger which has some unidentified metals which shone in different colors in it, in human form. Iker jumped on him and practically tore the guy apart. Avadh saw as Iker's claws tore him and teeth eviscerated him. 

Avadh grabbed his mate and held him close. He had just killed the leader of the rogues. If someone decided to retribute, he would not be stopping by killing just the rogues.

The attack got fiercer, but the whole pack had reached by then and the rogues fled. Avadh and Iker reached back home. Iker knew Avadh was injured.  The man had transformed outside the palace like all of them. Once inside their room.

"Why are you not healing?" asked Iker.

Avadh was silent as he sat gingerly after coming out of the bath. He had asked Iker to freshen up first.

"Its the bond isn't it?," asked Iker sitting down next to Avadh who slowly nodded.

Iker took a first aid kit and used a cotton to clean up the blood dripping from the gashes in Avadh's shoulder. The man was shirtless and that did not even register in Iker's mind.

"Will proximity relax the bond a bit?" asked Iker.

"I think so," said Avadh.

Iker bent closer and locked their lips.

------