Heir Apparent

Avadh just stood still for a moment as he looked at his kids and for the first time any of them have seen him do so, he was laughing like there was no tomorrow. Only Iker has seen him do that before.

"Four? shrieked Iker.

"Yes," said Avadh.

"No- No - No- No way" mumbled Iker.

"We will put them up for adoption then?" teased Avadh.

"You touch my kids with that intention and you are a dead man Avadh Alwar," snapped Iker his eyes going over to all four of their kids.

"I thought you were too shocked to handle this," Avadh continued his teasing.

"You are an asshole. Now get my kids over here," said Iker.

"You made them alone, did you?" asked Avadh, a small smile on his face as he did so.

Iker scowled as he looked at all four of his and Avadh's kids. He was sure they were going to become great like Avadh.

"Names?" asked the healer.

Ma was smiling as she looked at each of her grandchildren.

"Jana for our oldest," said Iker.

Avadh looked at him amazed.

"You named him people," said Avadh.

"He will be a man of his people. I want him to follow in his father's footsteps when it comes to love for the people. Let his name be a reminder," said Iker.

Avadh hugged Iker close to him as they held their oldest and named him.

'Jana Esperanza De Russe Alwar'. Their oldest is a submissive Alpha and Avadh felt his protectiveness double up. There will be many after his son in the future.

"You name the second one," smiled Avadh looking at Cristian who just smiled as he took his nephew.

"Carles- means King in Spanish, Carles Panav De Russe Alwar," said Cristian.

"Narcissist named him after you with a C and all," teased Iker.

All laughed.

"Ma, you name our third born," said Iker.

Ma looked at her grandson with a big smile on her face.

"Jeev, Jeev Navarro De Russe Alwar. His name represents the life in the plains of Manowar and Ilse," she said.

Avadh looked at Algernon.

"You can name my youngest and he is my heir apparent," said Avadh.

"Kanwar, Kanwar Reyes De Russe Alwar," said Algernon smiling as he looked at his son, son- in- law and his grandsons. Carles and Jeev were not dominant Alphas either.

-------------------------------------------------------

Zal held Tara at bay as she excitedly looked at all her younger cousins. All six of them were in the nursery. Ahem, and Cristian were leaving for Ilse soon. Ahem was crying about Viraat and Cristian was comforting him. Zal just couldn't be there.

"I was cold to him and I - none of us were there for him. It is our mistake," cried Ahem his face buried in Cristian's chest.

"I know and he will be back. Don't you hear what Zal says, Viraat will be back soon," said Cristian.

"We all were at fault. I guess and I finally understand what you are going through with Ethan. I just wish he would come back," said Avadh.

Iker ran his hand soothingly through Avadh's arms holding them tight. Zal refused to go to Ilse with them, but they knew he wouldn't go. This was Zal's home now.

-------------------------------------------------

Zal knew his Alpha would be back. Maybe not the very next day, but he will be. At times, he thought of calling through the mind link and bringing Viraat back. But Viraat left to have some space for himself and Zal couldn't bring himself to do that. And deep down he was worried that even if he called Viraat wouldn't come and he would lose the only hope he was holding onto.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a field. Viraat saw Zal sitting at the end and he smiled. Then he saw a little black head peeping up through Zal's coat. The kid was smiling up at Zal.

"What did you learn from this my little one? Never imitate your father. he is an absolute idiot," said Zal.

And Viraat saw a man walking towards them. He couldn't see the face. 

-------

Viraat sat up panting and sweating in the rented motel room. He remembered the dream. He could not stop the sobs that were leaving him. He just hoped Zal was happy.

Viraat had wanted to run home several times in the past 8 months he had been away. He wanted to go back home, lock Zal up and stay inside with him. He knew it was a mad thought. And surely, neither Zal nor his lover- probably husband now would appreciate it.

Viraat was soon dragged out by two nomadic friends he got. They were siblings Imal and Isha. Both had a crush on him and if he was the old Viraat he would have slept with both the brother and sister. But he was not. The thought of touching someone repulsed him now. He belonged to Zal and that was all that was there to it.

--------------------------------

Zal panted as the last of the screams left him. All the pain was worth it as he looked at a mini Viraat staring at him through his small eyes.

Zal just wished Viraat was here holding his hand instead of Iker and Atrey. Oh, he loved all the support he got from his brothers and brother in laws. But, he just wished Viraat was here. 

-----------------------------------

Passage of time was a strange thing. It happens so soon and yet so slowly. Many things change but some things, they remain the same like Iker's and Avadh's love for each other which was as fidel and strong as it always will be, like Hale's belief that Vansh will heal completely, like Vansh's belief that even if he did not heal completely he has enough to hold on to life, like Atrey's belief that he would meet his mate soon, like Ma's belief that only good things will happen, like Cristian's belief that Ahem makes him a better person, like Ahem's unconditional love for Cristian and his Ilse, like Arav's and Piya's prayer for their family to be happy, like Tara's love for her cousins and Zal's wait for Viraat to come home.

Two years after, Zal gave birth to his and Viraat's son, these things did not change.

-----------------------------------------------

So.................. We are here, at the end of it all and two more chapters and we are done with this book. I will be writing another book, a sequel. A small one mind you, but a sequel nevertheless. I am changing Atrey's age back to 22 at the beginning of the book. I want him to be 24 when he finds his mate who is 9 years older than him.