Chapter 5.

"Go away, hide there, do not come until I tell you," she says.

"No, where are you going to hide yourself, is not there enough space here for you too?" I say crying.

I don't want to be the pathetic one who hides.

"Hunter, get in there right now, I'll be fine, don't come out until I tell you, okay?" she asks me.

"Okay," I say.

"You promise?" she asks me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Yes, I promise,"I  tell her, and I get into the little closet. I barely fit inside by myself, there's no possible way she could get in here too. My heart beats a thousand times an hour and sweat runs down my forehead. I'm crying and trembling in silence.

Honestly I have no idea what to do right now. My head is spinning and I can't think clearly. I know she's scared right now, probably having a hard time trying to get us out of here. I can tell that she is scared and crying also because of the little sobs that come out of her mouth.

Why am I not the one defending her? Why is she defending me? I can't let her take a chance on me. Just when I'm about to come out of the closet and try to convince her to get in, the door opens and someone enters.

+++++++++

I shot up with my forehead soaked. My heart is still beating abnormally fast, and my breathing is also accelerated. I've been having nightmares quite frequently in recent months.

They prevent me from sleeping at night. I hate them so much. They only bring back that day, the memories return neatly to my head. I take my phone to check the time. It's half past six, five minutes before my alarm goes off.

It's probably better if I get out of bed now, instead of risking sleep and having a nightmare again. These nightmares consume me, make me want the world to stop to just snuggle in my bed for the rest of my life. It's still dark outside when I get in the shower.

Why? It's still practically summer. The hot water feels so good because of my tense body. The small points of tension vanish quickly when the water reaches them. I grab the shampoo with vanilla essence and wash my hair, massaging the scalp at the same time.

Once I get out of the shower and I untangle my hair, I brush my teeth. I never use makeup, I have nice skin and I don't have dark circles, so I don't really need it, I suppose. I get dressed and go down the stairs for breakfast. My father has already left for work, but fortunately he left breakfast ready on the counter. Pancakes and scrambled eggs.

I take some orange juice and ketchup from the fridge. There is enough juice for a glass. I slice some of the ketchup over the eggs and sprinkle some syrup on the pancakes. My father calls me weird for putting ketchup on eggs, but I can't eat them unless they have ketchup on the.

The house feels empty, I hate this feeling. It makes me feel that there is no one living here, and honestly I'm afraid that we are in the middle of nowhere. Besides adding the fact that I'm here, alone, and it's Friday the 13th, the second most hateful day of the year. I feel as if someone is waiting to create chaos.

I sit down at the table with my breakfast and start eating in silence. My father doesn't really know how to cook, so the omelette is a little overdone and lacking flavor. At least with the syrup I can give it a little taste. After eating and placing the dishes in the sink, I head out. As soon as I cross the door I mentally hit myself.

I left my car at the bar yesterday night, how am I supposed to go to school? At the moment I was going to turn to go back inside, a black 4x4 appears on the road and parks in front of me. I see Four's irritating face through the front window and honk.