Chapter 59.

At first I'm confused by what I'm seeing.

Nothing makes sense, but while I notice every detail, everything starts to fit in my head. I let out a loud gasp when I look at what is in front of me.

There is a small line drawn on the floor, separating the room into two halves.

The left half of the room is bounded by a row of candles and the right half by white roses.

"What is-" I start to say, but I find myself cutting the phrase distracted by what I'm looking at.

There is a chair and a table on both sides of the room. The table in the left area is painted in black and the one in the right in white. The contrast between darkness and light is almost blinding my eyes as they go from one side to the other between white and black.

Four stands by the door while I take in the room. He doesn't say a word or make a movement, he just stands still, like a statue.

The first part of the room I walk to is the dark one. The only light on this side of the room comes from the flames of the lamps that mounted on the walls. The smell of fire fills my senses when I sit at the table. I open two of the drawers of the big table at the same time. One of them is full of dark bandanas, and the other of lighters. Mentally I laugh at the humor of all this.

There is a diary placed in the center of the desk, one that is somewhat larger than the ones in the other room. The cover is made of old-fashioned leather with worn edges. I look at Four who is still by the door, looking at me intensely.

"Do you mind?" I ask, running my fingers gently through the notebook.

He doesn't look at me, he just looks at the floor and shakes his head slowly, giving me his approval to look at the diary.

I untie the thin rope that wraps the covers and open it by the first page. There is nothing more than a rectangle with an appointment in it. I read it up, so that Four knows exactly where I am.

"Change is a euphemism, it's more how we adapt to a new environment, it's not just a change when everything is completely different, it's a new perspective, a whole new life." There is a word softly scribbled below the quote. I have to narrow my eyes and get closer to the diary to read it.

Four.

That's all it says. In a pencil-lead color, it only says Four.

I go through the following pages, seeing lots and lots of journal entries, each of them dated and signed by Four. About half of the diary, I find a photo on one of the pages. I have to bring the photo closer to the light to see what it is.

It's a picture of Arabella. Her long, wavy, blonde hair stands sideways in the wind, covering half of her face. But between her hair, I can still see her perfect face. Her luminous blue eyes are the color of the Caribbean Sea, his lips the tone of a pink cloud in a sunset, and his long face ends in a perfect point, similar to a fox.

I have no doubt why Four thought he was an angel the first time he saw her, she looks like a girl you would find in a fairy tale. There is a short poem under the photo.

"She had the appearance of an angel Something that made me feel great faith, But what was stranger Is how it ended up becoming something so opposite" I read the poem over and over again in my head until I understand the meaning.

"It's her who I thought had changed me," says Four as he walked to me. "She made me what I am today." I hear more steps approaching me while I continue to look at the poem. It's short and simple, but when you read between the lines, it has a great story behind it.