Chapter 65.

At the beginning I didn't know what to think.

Should I be angry, relieved, or surprised?

These last two months, since I met Four, Kathy has been the one that has been sending me messages.

I'm angry because I thought we told each other everything, we never had secrets. I'm relieved because at least I know it's not some random stranger that has my number. But I'm also surprised because Kathy is the last person I would have expected it to be. The more I think about it, the more sense it has.

The person who sent me the messages always warned me about Four, telling me to stay away from him because he is dangerous. The only person who knew how dangerous he can become is Kathy because she is also his psychologist. She knew about us from the beginning.

Instead of going back to her office and confronting her, I'm leaving. Too much has happened today and everything feels like a big nightmare.

Why would Kathy choose to message me anonymously with warnings instead of just telling me to stay away from him? It's as if she was afraid of something, something I don't know yet, but I'll have to discover.

When I get home, my father is watching the soccer game on television. He doesn't seem to notice my presence when I enter the house, because his eyes are too focused on the game.

"Hi, dad," I say, sitting next to him on the couch. I'm surprised that Mary isn't here as usual.

"Oh, Hunter, I didn't even hear you come in." he says with his eyes still glued to the television. I lean my head on his shoulder and shrug my knees to my chest without saying anything. There's not much to say, I don't even even want to talk. My father notices my unusual behavior and puts all his attention on me.

"What's wrong?" he asks, lowering the volume of the television. The tone of his comforting voice makes me sad. A mix of emotions ranging from Regina's funeral on Saturday, Four and Kathy surpasses me. A single tear slips down my cheek as I continue to watch television, trying to contain every emotion I am feeling at this moment. "Hunter?" My father uses his hand to look at him.

When my eyes see his worried ones, that's when I break completely. More tears fall freely and I feel a knot form in my throat.

"It hurts, dad", I say as he wraps me with his arms tightly. "It hurts a lot." One of his hands slips through my hair as he wraps me up.

"What hurts? What happened?" he asks silently.

"Everything." I find it hard to talk when my throat starts to get irritated. "Regina is gone forever, Four doesn't love me, I miss Mom." I say, even though I never got to know her.

"Shh" he consults me and lets my tears soak his shirt.

"Regina will always be with you, you will find another Four, and you will always have me."

His words reassure me, but don't alleviate the pain that has damaged me. That damage will need more than a couple of words to fix.

"I will never find another Four, there is no one like him." I feel guilty for speaking before Four that of Regina or my mother, but I can't help it. It's not possible to bring Regina or my mother back, but Four can still come back.

"Honey, I promise you'll find someone better than him, and the experience will be as amazing as the first."

"But that's the thing, I don't want to find anyone better, I don't want to have another experience like this with another person, I want it to be him, all I want is him." My voice barely comes out in a strangled whisper.