Chapter 8.

I squeeze the trigger slowly until I hear a small click, followed by a loud bang.

The force of the gun sends me back a little, and I hit Four. The bullet goes through the air and hits the edge of the target where I had aimed. A couple of bats fly out of the area I just shot.

"Oh my god, I did it! I hit the target!" I have never done anything like that in my life. I felt so different. I already feel something more "extreme". I've fired a gun.

"Good job, not bad for your first time," he says.

"Oh, as if you could do better," I say, already more confident.

"Do you want to see?" he says with a small smile on his face

"Sure," I say. Four walks to his firing point. It takes literally two seconds to load your gun.

"You see that orange lens on top of that tree?" he asks, pointing to the top of a pine tree.

"Yes."

"Well watch this," he says. He points his gun at the top of the tree and pulls the safety trigger. He inhales and then exhale deeply. His arms are relaxed and he seems to be focused on the orange target. He squeezes the trigger and the shot is done. The bullet moves so fast that I can't even see it in the air. A second later he staggers up and down, moving after the impact of the bullet.

I could barely make a small hole, dead in the center of the lens. Four spins the gun with one of his fingers, and blows the tip.

"Do you still think you can do better?" he asks with a superior smile.

"Oh shut up, you've practiced, mine was my first shot," I say trying to defend myself.

Although it's true anyway, he said that this was his favorite hobby, so he must have practiced for quite some time. Meanwhile on my first shot I hit the target.

"You're right. My first shot I unintentionally shot the man next to me," he says losing his smile little by little.

"What?" He killed him?

"I was joking, relax. You need to learn how to get a joke," he says, ruffling my hair. I grab my hair and fix what he messed up.

"I can take a joke."

"Okay well, let's keep practicing. Let's aim at something more complicated," He says passing me a small box with bullets. "To reload this, take a couple of bullets and open this thing from here," taking the bottom part of the handle, revealing gaps for the bullets.

"Leave a couple here and put the handle back in. Make sure you hear a snap when you close it." He hands me back the little gun again.

"Oh, I almost forgot," he says, looking in his pocket. "Maybe you want some of these, just in case," he says, and he gives me a couple of pretty funny glasses.

"What are these for?" I ask while I grab my glasses. They are a very funny blue color and I look like an old person.

"To protect your eyes, if a bullet explodes inside the gun, you want to keep your eyes protected."

"Bullet-exploding?" I had no idea that could happen!

"Relax. It happens very rarely, you just have fun with this and shoot as many things as you can," he says, and then places himself in his shooting zone.

I'm still somewhat trembling. I'm not used to holding a gun and it doesn't matter how many times I shoot it. It's not something i'll be able to get used too. The metal is so cold. I point to something a little more difficult, I hear Four's voice echoing in my head.