Chapter 18.

Everyone has been acting strange today, for some reason.

Four with his mood swings, and then Matt.

What happened to Matt today? He seemed different. And what was he doing there on a Sunday? I'm sure he was probably thinking the same thing about me.

What is a girl doing, in the rain, in the middle of nowhere? But I had a real reason. What I don't know is what reason he would have. It takes me at least forty-five minutes to get home.

When I arrive, my father's car is not in the driveway. He must be working.

Sometimes I wish he had a normal job where he worked from ten in the morning to seven in the afternoon. That way I could see him more often and I wouldn't feel so alone in our house. The fact that we live in the middle of nowhere doesn't help.

I get out of my car, shut the door, and then I go inside. The window remains broken, but fortunately the canvas holds firm in place.

Anyone could enter our house. All they would have to do is remove the canvas. Besides that it is an easy target since there are hardly any people here and there's no one around who could witness the raid.

I open the door, go inside and then put the latch on before climbing the stairs. I hate how empty this house feels. I don't know why, but for some reason lately I look at it differently. It's not the warm and comfortable house that it used to be. Every step I take crunches the wooden floor of the stairs. Once I reach the floor above I go directly to the thermostat.

The temperature of the house is too low, so I raise it a couple of degrees. Right now a hot bath sounds great. I walk to my room and take the things I need, and then I go to the bathroom.

Again, the window is open so I close it. Then I put the plug in the bathtub and open the tap, letting the hot water fill the bathtub. I undress and I put a bow on the top of my head so that my hair does not get wet. Then made a handful of bath salts and soap in the water, to make it smell good and bubbles come out.

I don't care how childish it may seem right now, but I'm stressed and exhausted, I deserve this.

When the bathtub is full and the whole bathroom smells of flowers and fruit, I get inside the water. At first it's a little hot, but little by little I get used to it. The water is so relaxing. It's been at least a year since I have a bath with foam, and honestly it's the best feeling right now. It's better than a shower because my whole body is submerged in hot water.

Not only a part, having to go around under the water that comes out of the artichoke to maintain the temperature. I throw myself a little back and close my eyes. This is almost as relaxing as when I was under the willow this afternoon.

In my mind my deepest thoughts begin to appear, specifically one. Four.

There is something about him that makes me feel different. It's hard to admit, but I know I have strong feelings towards him. What I don't know is whether they are positive or negative. Leaving aside his random mood swings, where he seems to be pressing a button on his head, he has been a pretty decent guy.

I remember when a couple of nights ago I went to the bar, and he refused to take me home at first, but then I practically wanted to force myself to get closer to him with his car.

Then, in school when he kicked Mack as my partner because he wanted to be my partner, but then he ends up asking me if I want to go out with him later that day.

Then, there was the kiss. I still find it difficult to process that someone has kissed me.

I thought no one would kiss me, ever. I'm not the prettiest girl in high school, I'm pretty mediocre. The kiss was so unexpected, out of nowhere. I remember the way he spoke to me before doing it. His voice was so slow and changed. His hands were on my waist, and his face was so close to my neck ... I can almost feel his warm breath on my body.