Chapter 33.

I stagger through the hallway, unsure of where to go.

Everything seems like an illusion and I'm trying to convince myself that this is a dream.

The color of the walls that follow one another is blurred and intermingled. I'm not sure what to do. My face is soaked with tears, and my whole body seems numb.

Everything around me seems to be slowly disappearing. My only focus is the long hallway and the sound of my footsteps.

A terrible pain emanates from my right side. I look at the place where the pain radiates, and I see a big red spot on my shirt.

When I run my fingers over it, the liquid red seems to tinge my fingers as well. Although the pain is extremely intense, it is the least of my worries right now.

I can't find a single person at this moment and no one seems to be looking for me. My head hurts and I feel like I'm going to faint, but I have to keep looking.

Where could he have gone? One minute we were both happy, about to have a good time, and the next, all that fun is snatched away.

For a moment, I think about what's happening. This isn't real, right? It's a dream, everything is disturbed anyway.

"This isn't real," I repeat to myself a couple of times before I begin to believe it. "It's just a big nightmare, everything will go back to normal at any moment."

When reality hits me, I can't believe that this is a dream anymore. It's real and it's really happening. Everything seems to break under my feet, which can no longer sustain me. I fall to the hard ground, hitting my neck against the white marble.

I cry at the top of my lungs, screaming until my throat suffers. I can barely breathe or move. My legs and hands begin to tremble and I feel as if I am drowning in my own tears. I'm overwhelming myself in ways I never would have imagined.

The pain in my side is nothing compared to the pain I feel inside. It seems as if someone had opened me in a channel and poured acid into every inch of my body.

"Hunter?" says someone, and they touch my shoulder. I turn with all the strength I have left, digging my nails into the figure behind me.

-----

I get up breathless, with a clamp on the nape and back. My breathing is uncontrolled and I feel a strong pain in my chest.

That was the longest I've gone without having a nightmare. One week. They used to be every night, but it's getting better. Although I wish they had stopped.

The memories are too morbid and depressing to be remembered each night. Every time I think I take a step forward, I take two steps back.

When I get out of bed, the cold air chills me immediately. My window is completely open, letting in the cold into my room. I rush to it and close her completely, making sure to lock it.

Every time I forget to close the window it ends up opening wide because of the strong wind.

I grab a jacket from my closet and put it over my shoulders to keep some heat. The weather lately hasn't been anything close to warm.

I walk down the stairs and see my father sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper of the day. He is dressed in his work clothes.

"Good morning, Hunter, there's some food in the oven if you're hungry," he says without taking his eyes off the paper.

"Ok, thanks" I say in the direction of the appliance. I open it and I take out the food. There are pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon, my favorite breakfast. I take a plate and I throw some food.