Chapter 27.

I wake up to a warm feeling on my face.

When I open my eyes, I see a couple of sunbeams shining through the curtains of Four's room.

It's a really sunny day, which is quite rare in Maywood. It seems that it only rains here, even in the summer. I turn around and see Four with his head buried in a pillow.

The sun lightly illuminates his head, making his hair turn a lighter brown. When I look at Four, memories of the night of yesterday hover in my head. The way he looked at me while he touched me in different places. How his warm tongue felt on my skin.

Was it real? Or was it all a dream and I'm hallucinating right now? A part of me wants it to be just a dream while the other party wishes it wasn't. It was different then how I thought it would be, it made me feel rebellious and alive.

I never thought that anything like this would happen so soon, I always thought that I would wait until marriage or something.

A soft murmur comes from Four's lips and I look at him again. His eyes are still closed and his lips are slightly separated. He seems like a different person right now. He isn't wearing his typical bandana pulling the curls off his face, and he looks innocent. Like a little boy.

When he sleeps he doesn't have that aura of mystery, darkness, he just seems like a normal boy with normal thoughts.

"Staring is rude," he murmurs. His eyes are still closed, but he's awake.

"I wasn't staring" I say and quickly look away. I was staring, but I don't want it to go to his head any more than usual.

"Definitely not," he says sarcastically.

When I look again, his eyes are open and he seems like he slept well. He rests on the headboard of the bed, still without a shirt.

"Can I tell you something?"

Oh god, I get nervous immediately. He's probably about to tell me that last night was a mistake and he wants me to leave. I nod slowly and break eye contact. I am a sensitive person and I don't want him to kick me out while I'm  still in his bed, wearing his shirt.

"I was surprised when I saw you were still here when I woke up a couple of minutes ago" he says.

For real? I'm surprised by what he just said. Honestly I thought he was going to tell me that I would leave. I was preparing for the worst.

"Why?" I ask still a little shocked.

"It's what most girls do, I get up and they're gone." When he says that, I feel jealousy growing in my body.

"So you bring girls here often?" I ask trying to disguise the jealousy in my voice, but it's clearly there. I don't know why I feel jealous, I mean, it's Four so I should've assumed that he does this often.

"Shit, that's not what I wanted to say," he says.

"So what did you mean?" I ask without intention. Sometimes my mouth thinks by itself. I look like a jealous girlfriend at the moment, when I'm not even close.

"I meant, fuck." he seems to have no filter. "I wanted to say I was surprised that you stayed, because it's not what an ordinary girl would have done," he says trying to correct his own words.

"Oh." I mean, I don't know what to really say.

"I should call my father and explain why I didn't come home last night, he's probably pulling his hair out," I say and get out of bed.

"Okay" he says. I can feel his eyes on me as I leave his warm bed. I try to pull my shirt down best I can so that Four doesn't see my underwear while I pick up my phone, which is on the table.