Chapter 2: Desire To Touch

He unfolds his sleeve and moves his rough hand towards me, I hold the edge of his sleeve and we walk towards the pond, not touching our bodies but filling our desires with our mere existence.

"Do we really love each other?" I asked.

"I believe," he responds, moving his face towards mine, he looks into my eyes.

"What if I'm gone missing someday?"

"I'll go finding you to the deepest core of the Earth"

"Doesn't it sound childish?"

"Love is childish."

"What if you don't find me?"

"I'll not give up until I find you."

"It could be dangerous out there."

"Love is the name of sacrifice and I am glad I have the courage to love someone" he leans closer and my heart almost skips a beat. We are so close but still too far away.

He knows the distance is necessary between us before we marry but just holding on to his sleeve is not enough sometimes.

I gasp as I notice that we have stopped walking and slowly he's reducing the distance between us. I close my eyes and he leans even closer, I could feel the heat radiating through his body.

"But Sarah, do you have the courage to love?" He whispers in my ear.

For a while his question lingered in my head, it was a simple question but with a deep meaning behind. It wasn't just a question but many questions in one.

Do I really love him to the extent of sacrifice?

Do I have the courage to sacrifice?

Am I able to face all the dangers of the world for him?

"Without a doubt" I breath out without further thoughts but never knew that destiny would test us upon our own shared promises.

~~~

June 16th, 1971.

My name's Sarah, Sarah Harris, daughter of a commoner. I am 23 years old and I live in a small town of Heshbaire away from the city chatter. Where we are only surrounded by green heavy trees, wildflowers, water flow and all other beauty you can muster up in your minds.

It's not like we've any fewer facilities, we've our own small world build up here. Common shops, schools, library and other stuff of all necessity are available. People here are simple, lead a decent life and die happily, safe from the world drama but it's not the same for all of us.

My father is a woodcutter or was, he used to sell the wood within the town or sometimes outside like nearby city while my mother... well, she loves her chickens after us 'her children'. Sometimes I even doubt that though.

When Marisa died, oh let me make this clear to you that she was no human but only a hen, no need to get all emotional, she cried for three days mourning over her death and kept repeating 'If only I had taken more care' well, of course, we assured her that it wasn't her fault, the flu got severe that took her away and now she's at a better place than us. It took her some time to sober up but still, she never forgets her, that's the kind of love she has for her chickens.

Talking about my family, the only person left to introduce is my sister, a year older than me. She finished her school and now is working in the farm. People in town, mostly do the same after school, very few of them think about further studying.