Chapter 42: Waiting To See Since Forever

It's been 3 months since I was appointed for this job and there hasn't been a single day these suckers let me off easily. They are like bloody leeches, sucking my blood until I have nothing left, making me work like a manic and the most annoying part is; I couldn't find any loop holes in their documents. The data they have shared with me and the data I've got my hands on so far is total garbage. Nothing that could be useful for Samuel and nothing of the sort that could lead me to my brat. Even when I made an attempt to search files in Patrick's office, it only left me disappointed. According to Samuel they are still suspicious of me and are still keeping me on test basis.

Samuel has also been very cautious these days, we haven't met since last three weeks because he says that I may be tracked by someone from the company even he's not sure but he also doesn't want to take any risks.

Weirdly Samuel has become very questioning these days, every day he never fails to ask me if I had my meal properly, if I had any pain, If I wasn't feeling well, if there was someone in the office who stares at me rather too much than necessary. He sounds like a.... big brother I never had.

Oh well, I like that part of him anyway.

I dust my dress and fix my scarf before I make my way out of the restroom with the suitcase in my hand towards Patrick's office. I enter his office after a knock on the door and his face immediately breaks into a smile, looking at my face.

"Sarah! You came right on time."

"Really?" I ask looking at my wristwatch not sure if he meant what he said.

"Come, look here the letter came." Patrick hands over me an envelope and notices the confusion all over my face. "It's from the customs office, our shipment has been cleared and it's reaching here tonight."

"The shipment that was unauthorized for past six months?" I ask with disbelieve and he nods like a kid which seemed a little weird for an old man like him.

"Congratulations Mr. Patrick that's great news," I said, delightedly.

"Yes and thanks to you. I knew you were an asset to this company. I made the right choice to hire you."

"I'm sorry, how did I help in any of this?" I ask confusedly.

"Oh Sarah, remember a week ago I asked you to receive a call on my behalf? I let you talk to a person named Ted Mackenzie, he was looking after the shipping details. He was originally appointed to specifically look after our shipments due to some arising doubts and you explained the guy the laws and regulations better than the man knew himself, he was not able to question further and as it was, he cleared our forms and allowed to proceed with the shipment." He says now walking towards me with a bright smile.

Wow, I was actually fighting with that guy over the phone to let things through while he wasn't ready to talk because all he wanted was to talk to only Patrick then I asked Samuel to take care of this thing for me and Almighty knows what strings he pulled to get things straight.

"Right, I'm happy that I could be of help," I say, nodding my head at him with a smile.

"Yes, and that is why I've decided to appoint you for a new job." He folds his hands across his chest with a slight smirk on his face.

"And what is the new job?" I ask, tilting my head.

"I would like you to meet someone for that first." He says, turning back to his desk and sits down on his chair while motioning me to sit across his chair. I move towards the chair while he presses a button on the intercom.

"Ms. Julia kindly send Mr. William inside." He speaks into the intercom and I hand him back the envelop that was still in my hand.

"Thank-you Sarah, you've been quite a help for our secretarial department since these last three months and I'm sorry we've burdened you with quite a lot of work. It's just company policy that I made you work so hard in order to assess you and you have succeeded it thankfully, otherwise, it would have been a great loss to find yet another person."

"Mr. Patrick you sound like you are actually terminating me from the job." He laughs lightly.

"Oh no certainly not, it's just that I've got quite more of an important job for you that'll be best suited for you because you have the brains to do it."

"And what might the job be, I'm very curious now."

Knock, knock.

"Oh, he's here," Patrick says with yet another gleeful smile. "Come on in William."

The door opens and I turn my head to look at the person moving inside and my world suddenly collapses.

My breath hitches and I find myself struggling for air. I couldn't hear anything only the sound of walking footsteps inside the room and my recklessly throbbing heart. I could feel my blood pulsing through my veins while my body felt numb. I could feel my tears burning behind my eyes and sweat drops welling up altogether. I feel an unknown fear rising and the strength shattering away in tiny million pieces slowly.

What in the world is going on? Which storybook am I a part of?

The footstep stops beside me and I could feel the warm and scary aura at the same time around me. I couldn't look at the person in the eye and instead, I look straight towards the closed door. I wanted to look but I couldn't, taking a deep breath I decided to confirm what I just saw.

I turn my face slowly and hesitantly and look up to the face that I have been waiting to see since..... since forever?

The eyes that were supposed to be an ocean blue were dark and gloomy, nothing of the sort that shows the spirit of life, fell upon me and my mind unconsciously slips out the words that I had always bore deep inside of me.

"Daniel...."

~~~

*Drum roll* 

This is the end of the book part 1. :) 

Thank you for being with me so far. I have decided to upload the book part 2 that is until I get enough comments to motivate me (Na-uh! I am not being selfish. It's just a little encouragement I require to continue this book.)There are a lot of things unanswered in this book which will be answered in the next one (If you want me to answer them of course *snorts*) 

If you want to help me improve my writing or any other suggestion you'd like to share related to the story feel free to communicate with me. i'll appreciate your comments. Peace out! I love you all ;)