Chapter 15: Right way to Love (Flash Back)

"Say... it has been 6 years since we first met," he says, looking down at his hands. I smile at the memory. "It's still funny when I think the way you wanted to have that prize, going all berserk over it." He smirks, looking at me.

"I wasn't the only one going berserk," I say, arching up an eyebrow at him. He stands up from the bench and stands in front of me, his hands on his sides.

"It was also fun doing-" he extends his hand and holds my braid and yanks it towards him "-this." I glare at him with mock anger and his grin spreads across his face. He turns and runs away from me while I stand up to chase after him to take my revenge for yanking me by my hair.

"Stop you brat!"

"Catch me if you can, fatso!"

I was trying to match his pace but he was faster. He turned his head to me while running and gave me a mischievous grin without looking ahead of him, he hit a thin chest and falls on the ground. I halted on my tracks as I stare at the three figures in front of us.

"Look who's here playing around." says, the tall-thin kid.

I glare at the fat kid, probably Charlie who was clenching his fist together. I walk towards brat who has already pulled himself up off the ground and was dusting his jeans.

"Hi again, Charlie-the-gang." I wave my hand at the three figures. The three of them look at each other when one of the thin kid clears his throat and speaks up.

"Excuse me but I'm the leader here," he speaks, raising his hand a bit hesitantly in the air while Charlie and the other kid glare at him.

"Oh? I thought Charlie was the one. You seemed so quiet and Charlie always did the talking-"

"No he's not, I am!" intrudes Charlie.

"I thought we decided that already?" speaks the thin kid while the other thin kid stands dumbfounded, watching them both.

"Look! She said you were the quiet one, you don't have that aura around you. We need someone dominating like me." Charlie speaks in a hushed tone, putting a finger on his chest but it was audible for all of us there.

"Umm... guys?" the thin kid makes an effort to finally speak. "Maybe we can sort this out later."

"Hush! Not right now Tommy, this needs to get decided right now!" thin-tall kid scolds, not moving his gaze away from Charlie while Charlie does the same. "I'm older than you so I get to decide!"

"You're making no sense Max! We need someone better for this and it's only me here," says Charlie, giving his all attention to the tall/thin kid probably called Max.

"Let me lead if you guys are having this problem again!" Tommy kid gives a pointed look to both of them.

"NO!" Charlie and Max utter in unison.

I feel the familiar touch of a hand slipping inside my hand. I hold the hand firmly and it pulls me away from the scene. We walk backward, slowly in order to not get noticed. We sneak out and not more than a minute does it take for us to run faster than before.

We are running hand in hand together. Brat bursts out laughing and I do the same after hearing his voice.

"Those three sure are idiots," I say between my laughter fits. He halts, making me stop beside him with our entwined hands. We struggle to catch our breaths between our laughs.

"And you sure are one genius kid," he says, sobering up from his laughter.

"Don't forget to mention evil." I wink at him and he laughs again, throwing his head behind and I love seeing him this joyous, every time.