Chapter 37: The Interview

On my first day of training, I learned how to fire a gun. It wasn't easy at all with Samuel teaching me and at the same time not trying to accidentally touch me and it wasn't like it didn't happen.

Yes, he did touch so that he could teach me the control, handling and aiming part. I noticed that most of the time he was worried if he was hurting me with the strong grip of his hands over my hands which were holding the gun, aimed towards the target.

He kept looking between me and the target so I told him it was okay and he just needs to finish this thing sooner as possible.

Sometimes I wonder why a person like him worries about me at this point. He should just concentrate on me doing the job right for him. He wanted someone to do the job for him and now he has that person so why go around and look out for them?

Whereas I... Well, I'm going to look out for the one I came here for.

My first shot wasn't that bad although it wasn't on the target yet Samuel approved it for being a beginner. With his help I hit my 3rd shot inside the sixth circle of the target. Samuel appreciated me and told me to keep practicing. For another three hours, we spent shooting targets, wearing goggles and earplugs. We had lunch together and then we talked for a while.

I got to know that he wasn't just the one who was going to train me. I was going to meet some other people as well who'd teach me other things. There were a whole lot of things that I had to learn before I qualify for the job.

And many people had a lot of expectations from me. So I had to prove that I was going to make it and I was the right choice for it.

I told Samuel that I was worried about my aunt and she can't expect me to be late home every day but he consoled me that he had already taken care of it for me. He told her that there was a good opportunity for me, a job he wanted me to do which would earn me good money and also that he'd train me for the job. He told her everything already that I was supposed to tell her, it was like a burden went off my shoulders. Aunt trusted Samuel with a blind eye. She was happy to hear it and I was happy that Samuel did it himself. Now I had to just inform at my home, it'll be tough but I know they are going to understand it with the help of my aunt and I'll make sure they do.

The next day of my training I met a lady, Melisa. She was the same woman who was found to be with Samuel the day when I searched his files in his office. She was Samuel's assistant who keeps him up with every detail.

She was supposed to teach me all the skills and qualities required for an assistant, all business ethics which even includes eating, sitting, greeting and other habits.

I asked her that why was I chosen for this job there could be anyone even better than me for this job whereas I know nothing about it but she didn't respond to me. Later she just said that it had to be me.

It slowly became a routine, I would wake up in the morning and go for running which was also part of my training, I had to be physically fit and strong. Later Samuel would pick me up and we'd go to the warehouse, a completely hidden place from the other souls.

There we would practice over my shooting skills, fighting and dodging skills, my educational capabilities were tested on a daily basis. I was taught some business tricks and tactics, I was engaged in different activities such as group discussions, presentations, and whatnot. It was like learning everything about life in a day. The pressure was great but it was like I was becoming another person slowly and gradually.

More confident, more vigilant and more convincing.

I liked this part of myself better. Suddenly everything was becoming fun.