Chapter 30: Trust The Guy

.

.

.

Clank!

.

.

My eyes shot open and I look at the time on my wristwatch on my bedside table.

It was 12.30 in the morning.

Clank!

I sit straight and rub my eyes. I walk towards my closet and take out a stole and drape it around my body before I walked towards the balcony.

I saw him standing down, looking at me with a straight face. It wasn't his usual expression, it was very different, I couldn't read it. He was wearing a sweatshirt and pants, his muscles stretching the material of his shirt.

"I've made some decision," I say, looking at my hands and avoid his gaze.

"I know." He replied, almost immediately. My head jerks towards him and I try to break and read his expression but still I wasn't able to. He was like a completely different person.

Was he always like that or did he fake it? People here sure were good at doing it.

"Climb up. Let's have this chat." I move inside my room and sit on the edge of my bed, waiting for him to come through the ladder outside. I hear his footsteps reaching the balcony and nearing inside the room.

"You know for a managing director like you shouldn't be roaming on the streets at this hour." I hear him scoff while I continue to look down at my hands, entwining and untwining them.

"Glad you know that now." I look at him and his hands were crossed over his chest. "It wasn't nice of you to look into my documents, you could have just asked." His brows raised at me, wanting to know an answer to my stunt.

"Samuel... Thanks for your help but I can't do it." I deadpan.

"So you are going to go on your own dressed as a man?" He tilts his head slightly at me.

"No. I'm not doing anything. I have decided it." I match his stare which further deepens on me.

"Wait-What?"

"You heard me."

"Clearly. And what happened to all that crazy countryside of yours for your mystery man?" His expression amused.

"Consider it my foolish act as a countrywoman," I say, standing up and moving towards the balcony door. "I'm sorry for all the problems and fuss I have created till yet. Truly I am. And it won't happen again." I tell him, apologetically. "Now if you'll excuse me I have good rest to take so you may go now." I straighten my shoulders and motion for him towards the balcony.

"You can't do that..." He scoffs.

"I actually just did," I say, arching an eyebrow at him. His facial expression changes from amusement to disbelief. "What's in it for you anyway? Don't waste your time with me." He moves closer to me.

"You can't back away..." His eyes found mine, searching for any sign that says I'm betraying him with my words.

I don't understand it. First, he was the one stopping me and now he is the one to instigate me?

"Samuel, sad it is but it is what I have decided." His lips form into a straight line and for a while, he just looks at me with a blank face.

"You think you know me? By looking into some files and papers you have decided you know everything?" He eyes me.