4

The party was in full swing. Most people from school were crowded into the lower floor of Marshall's house. Music was playing and alcohol was being consumed in very high quantities. Rocky, however, was totally sober and hiding in the kitchen. He cringed at how socially awkward he was.

"Why? Why does he have to look so good tonight? I mean, I could clearly see his abs through that shirt! Ugh!" He muttered to himself. Quickly, he glanced into the living room to see a swarm of people, including his friends and crush. But he saw a girl with bleach blonde and red dip-dyed hair clinging onto Zuma like a magnet. Samantha.

"Fan-fucking-tastic." Rocky muttered. After he turned away, Skye was soon at his side. Like him, she wasn't drunk out of her mind.

"You okay Ro?" She yelled above the music.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm good." He nodded.

"Don't lie to me." She may be very loud and out there but Skye could always watch out for her friends and never fell for any 'I'm fine' nonsense. "If it helps, none of us like Samantha."

"That doesn't help a lot Skye. Why is she clinging to him like that?"

"Because she's Samantha. She is well known for hitting on anything that breathes." Rocky laughed at Skye's disgusted tone. The grey haired boy sighed. "He loves you y'know? Zuma I mean."

"What?"

"I can tell. Rocky he might not admit it but trust me, he really does care about you. He's missed hanging out with you." Skye gave an almost sad look

"Thanks Skye." Rocky pulled his sister-like friend into a hug before he heard the music change, Familiar, blasting through the speakers.

"Coming to dance?" Skye smiled.

"Maybe in a bit."

"Party's nearly over Rocks." Skye said.

"Give me a few and I'll find you." Seeming satisfied with the response, Skye danced her way over to the rest of her friends and, to no ones surprise, started grinding on Chase. Rocky laughed and let his eyes drift across to Zuma who still had Samantha dangling from his arm like a pendant. He smiled as he saw Zuma smile while talking to a few of the guys from the basketball team. Suddenly, Zuma met Rocky's gaze and waved. Slightly flustered, Rocky waved back before Zuma returned to his conversation. Samantha had now let go of the brunette.

And she was making a beeline for Rocky.

'Oh shit.'