10

Three weeks had passed and the group were back to normal. Rocky was sat with his friends at lunch, between Everest and Chase, and opposite Zuma. The good mood was spoiled however, when Samantha decided to make her presence known to them.

"Hi guys." She squawked.

"Ugh." Skye groaned. She was never one to mess around; if she didn't like you, you would know it. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know you guys' thoughts on my makeup," the boys exchanged a disgusted and confused look. "I'm trying out new products that make me look more refreshed.

"For someone that's 82% water, refreshing is the last word I'd use to describe you." Skye stated, casually leaning back into Chase who wrapped an arm around her.

"Burn." Everest sniggered.

"Water can't burn Ev." Marshall facepalmed.

"Fucking evaporate then." Rocky said, causing the group to laugh and Samantha to roll her eyes.

"Whatever." She shrugged. "So Zuma, in accordance to the disco, you're picking me up at five yeah?" The once joyful friends now fell silent and stared at their friend in disbelief.

"W-what?" Rocky stuttered, trying to catch his boyfriend's eye. Zuma continued to look down at the table.

"Zuma and me are going together. Why so shocked? Are you jealous?" She sneered. Rocky's walls were breaking down and Samantha could see it.

"Uh... no."

"Good. Because you know how I feel about people like that." Samantha leaned closer to Rocky.

"I um... I have to hand something in to Mr. Swallowtail, I'll, uhh, see you guys later." Rocky hurriedly picked up his bag and walked away from the table.

"Wait. I'll come with you." Zuma said, gathering his things.

"Nah I'm good." Rocky yelled over his shoulder.

"Anyway, I feel slightly awkward being here so I'm gonna dash. Toodles." Samantha smirked and slipped away. This left the boys glaring at Zuma and the girls grabbing their stuff.

"Sowwy guys I-"

"You what? You wanted to hide it so asked the most horrible girl in school to be your date?!" Chase growled through gritted teeth.

"Well no, I-"

"We're going to find him and see if he's ok." Everest rested a hand on Marshall's shoulder before leaving.

"We've lost him once," Skye said, her face inches from Zuma's "You'd better not be the reason we lose him again, possibly for good." Zuma gulped fearfully before Skye followed Everest.