Two.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

"Okay class, that's all for today. There's still a couple minutes left of class so feel free to do what you want." Our history teacher says to us.

I closed my textbook and put it in my bag. I pulled out my notebook.

I started to write a poem about the ocean. I always loved metaphors about the ocean. I don't know why.

I was so focused. But yet I noticed on the corner of my eye, someone looking at me.

I looked over to see Corbyn, looking at my page.

"Dumb poem." He said looking away.

"I know." I said closing it as the bell rang.

I got up and walked out the class room. I went straight to my locker and opened it. Right away, a bunch of pieces of paper fell out.

All of them saying a bunch of different things. Mute, slut, whore, bitch, cow, fat, unwanted.

I swept them out of my locker and onto the ground. I put my books in my locker and picked up all the pieces of paper. I walked over to the nearest trash can and dropped them in there.

People were staring. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

"What's wrong hun?" Jack said coming up from behind me. I turned around. I was on the verge of tears.

"Did someone hurt your feelings?" Zach said.

"We just wanted to let you know, so you wouldn't forget." Corbyn said before he walked away, the boys following him.

I blinked back the tears in my eyes and walked in the opposite direction the boys went.

As I'm walking, Issac seems to notice I'm upset. "Hayden. Hayden did something happen?" Issac asks.

"No, Issac. Everything is okay." I said trying to stay calm. "Hayden talk to me." Issac said.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said a bit more stern. "Just leave me alone for a while." I said walking out the doors.

I walked the the other side of the school to the parking lot to my car.

I noticed Corbyn and Ashley driving out of the parking lot. Ashley waved at me. I just smiled and kept walking.

I made my way to my car and unlocked it. I got in my car and left to go home.

I got home seconds after Corbyn and Ashley. Corbyn looked at me before going into his house.

I walked in my house and set my bag on the couch. I ran upstairs to my room and sat on the end on my bed. I just started to cry.

I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my shins.

I hated my life. No one cared about me. I just felt so alone and empty.

I had already been crying for a couple minutes when I realized my curtains were open. My stomach dropped at the thought of Corbyn seeing me cry.

I quickly shot up from my bed and closed my curtains.

I just wanted to die. But at the same time I would be too scared to. But I mean, we all die at some point, don't we?

☁︎☁︎☁︎

I woke up the next morning in my clothes from the day before.

I got out of bed and changed into different clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror. Hoodie and leggings. As per usual.

I slipped on some shoes and left for school.

I decided to stop at Starbucks to get something to eat or something to wake me up due to the hours of sleep I didn't get last night.

I ordered my drink and waited for them to call my name.

I waited around for a about a minute before they called my name. I took my drink and left.

Once I got to school I went straight to my locker. So far, no torments. I opened my locker and grabbed a few books.

I went to my first class early.

I sat in my desk and started to draw. I drew a tree. I always drew trees for some reason. I loved drawing trees.

The bell rang and the classroom filled with students. But Corbyn didn't show up.

"Alright class." Our history teacher Mr. Moore said, settling the class down.

"Now something very, very tragic happened last night..."