Ten.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

Monday. The day I dreaded the most. I roll over and check my phone. 7:12 AM. I sat up and swung my legs off the bed.

I hopped off my bed and over to my closet. I find something decent to wear and throw it on.

I go into my bathroom and do my hair and the small amount of make up I put on. After that I go downstairs and grab a granola bar and head out.

I get in my car and drive to school.

I start to get nervous as I pull into the parking lot. Monday's always made me nervous. And Tuesday's. And Wednesday's. And Thursdays.

I get out of my car and walk towards the school. "Hayden!" I hear someone call. I turn around to see Corbyn coming towards me.

My heart beat sped up as he came closer out of fear and nervousness.

"Hey Corbyn." I said softly. "Hey." He smiled as we walked through the front doors together. As we walked through the hallways, confused looks appeared on people's faces.

"Are you good in English?" Corbyn asked me. "Yeah why?" I replied. "I need help." He said desperately.

"I could help." I smiled. "Okay. Can I come over after school?" He asked. "Sounds great." I said.

"K I'll see you later." Corbyn said as we went our separate ways.

I walked down the hallway and was met with Jack. "What's up Hayden?" He smiled. "Not much." I replied.

"So Zach and I were gonna go see a movie on Wednesday, do you wanna join?" He asked.

"What movie?" I asked. "The new Halloween movie." He replied. "Yeah sure." I said.

"Okay. We'll pick you up at 9 on Wednesday." He said stopping at his locker.

"Okay." I smiled walking to my locker not far from his.

I put in the combination and opened it. It was a relief to not have something awful in/on my locker for once.

I grabbed my textbooks, closed my locker and walked to class.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

The bell rang for lunch and I burst out of my desk and out the door. I was starving.

I walked to my locker and was met with Corbyn. "Where do you eat at lunch?" Was the first thing he said to me.

"Right here." I replied opening my locker. "Like right here, as in, where we're standing?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied feeling self conscious. "Well could I sit with you?" He asked with a stupid adorable smile on his face.

"If you want." I shrugged. "Okay." He said.

We waited until the hallways emptied and we sat up against the lockers.

"So, why do you eat out here?" Corbyn asked. "I never have anyone to sit with and I don't wanna face the embarrassment of sitting alone." I replied.