Three.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

(Play song above for full effect)

[chapter includes content that may be triggering to some readers]

"Students, you all know our beloved classmate Issac Montgomery, don't we?" He started off. We all nodded and murmured yes's. "Well last night his and his families lives were taken by a drunk driver."

No. No no no. He said he didn't want to get into too deep of details but they all died.

Issac was my only friend. Isaac was always there for me. Always. And yesterday I was an asshole to him. And now I've lost everyone I love.

I have nothing to lose.

I raised my hand almost in tears. "Yes Ms. Harte?"
"M-May I be excused p-please?"
"Yes, go" he replied.

As I was walking down the row to leave someone stuck their foot out and tripped me. Chuckles and giggles filled the room. I was in so much pain. I just wanna kill myself.

I got up and walked out of class. I ran down the stairs and through the front doors.

I ran through the woods near our school and just screamed and cried. My life sucks.

I was bawling my eyes out.

I fell to the ground. My legs went weak. I cried so hard. Why? Why me?

"FUCK. MY. LIFE." I screamed.

I pulled out the blade I keep in my backpack and slit my wrists. The pain felt so good.

It was a bitter-sweet feeling.

It hurt but I didn't wanna stop.

1 for my asshole classmates. 2 for my fucked up dad. 3 for Isaac. And 4 for my fucked up life.

I sat back against a tree. Crying. I couldn't stop. I was heartbroken. It honestly made so much sense if I just ended it all right then and there.

But I didn't.

(Stop song)

I got up and went to my car. I limped a bit at first but I ignored the pain.

I drove to a drug store near by to grab some bandages. Luckily my hoodie was black so you couldn't see the blood very clearly.

I kept my head down trying to hide the fact that I had just been crying.

I went down the medical isle and saw Corbyn. Why the hell is Corbyn here?

I walked over and grabbed a box of bandages. I tried to hide my face and just walk away.

"Hayden?" He asked. I stopped and turned around. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I could ask you the same question." I said quietly.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "As if you'd care." I said rolling my eyes and walking away. That was possibly the scariest moment ever.

I got up to the till and payed for my bandages and got back into my car. I just sat there for a couple seconds. Listening to my thoughts that were running through my head.

I blinked and a tear fell. But I quickly wiped it away before anyone could see me.

I started the car and drove out of the parking lot and onto the streets.

I just drove around for a while. Not knowing where I was going.

I found myself at my old elementary school. I just sat there. Thinking back to all the good times I had as a little kid. Then all the awful and painful times I had.

I remembered the day my dad went to jail. That was a mortifying day for me. Everything had went wrong.

I still can't believe what he did.

It made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. And to make it worse, I have no idea where my own mother is.

I see her once a month. That's all. She sends me money to live off of but I still need a mom.

I need someone to cry to, someone to give me advice on life, someone to make my favourite meal for me on a bad day. I decided to try calling her.

It rang a few times before she answered. "Hello?" She said. "Hi." My voice cracked.

"Who's this?" She asked. "It's Hayden." I said. "Oh hey sweetie!" She said. "How's it going?" She asked.

"Great. I miss you." I said, a tear fell. "I miss you too dear." She replied. "Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm in Mexico." She replied. "Oh I've got to go now. But I'll talk to you later. Bye." She said. I didn't even bother saying bye.

I just hung up.

I continued crying in my car. I felt so helpless. Unwanted. Forgotten. I put my face in my hands to prevent people from seeing me crying.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

I never ended up going back to school that day. I just went home. I laid in bed and watched movies to get my mind off of everything.

But my quiet time was interrupted when Corbyn decides he wants to open his windows and blast music.

I was so irritated.

"Does he absolutely have to play his music that loud?" I said to myself.

I look through my curtains and see Jonah and Corbyn sitting in his room. Amused by my annoyance.

Jonah flipped me off before I closed my curtains again.

Why the hell do they hate me so much?